AJ stepping on Boone=Hunter running over Burke

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 07:10 AM)
The funny thing is.  It was a smart play.  By stepping on Boone's back, he couldnt get off the ground in a hurry which may have allowed some more time for the runners to advance

That ball ended up outside of the field of play...Dye tried to take 3rd but they told him to go back to 2nd. So it woulnd't have mattered

I thought the play was quite hilarious myself.

Let's see....uh....A.J. rocks! The man is an animal and I don't care if he did it on purpose. Truthfully, when I saw him rounding third I was like "Oh no!" cuz, although I love him, A.J. is not the fastest man on earth. But when he stepped on Boone and I saw how far the ball was sailing I was like "Whew!" Anyway, A.J. can do no wrong in my book!

Don't know if this fits in this thread, but I thought it was pretty funny.

...And then Joe Crede pounded a homer to left, his second of the game, and the Sox beat the Indians 7-6 in 10 innings Tuesday night. He crossed the plate and teammate A.J. Pierzynski nearly beat him up in celebration, and then Rowand put Pierzynski in a headlock. They were little boys, happy again.

:gosox1:

Yes! If you look closely during Joe's homerun, you can see A.J. jump the railing in the Sox dugout! Then during the post game they asked Crede who beat him up the worst at homeplate and he said something like "A.J. cuz he's the biggest guy on the team!" I just about died. A.J. :wub: is such a stud!

It didn't look intentional to me. His momentum was carrying him wide of the bag, and he didn't expect Boone to be prone in front of him. He couldn't have avoided it, and it did look like he tried to step lightly once he realized what was about to happen.

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Yes! If you look closely during Joe's homerun, you can see A.J. jump the railing in the Sox dugout!  Then during the post game they asked Crede who beat him up the worst at homeplate and he said something like "A.J. cuz he's the biggest guy on the team!"  I just about died.  A.J. :wub: is such a stud!

I definitley noticed that, that makes me love AJ even more, the fact that he feels like one of us at that time. I mean comon, we had to win and just like everyone of us he was thrilled. AJ is the man.

I don't think he did it on purpose because of his momentum and the quick decision of going home after the missed throw.

Do any of you guys remember when FT was playing first and AJ was running out a ground out and bumped Thomas with his shoulder in 03?? AJ just likes getting in peoples heads and I don't find anything wrong with that.

Edited by Sox Hustler

I agree with eveyone who says not even close. AJ was trying to score and boone was lying on his belly and pierznski had to step on him or else he woulda fell. Tori's was sending us a message. Plus I think they were winning already and he would have been safe by a mile. The replay on boone was pretty funny though. :P

Edited by Ozzie Montana

Did they point it out after the break?

I stand corrected.

Yeah, actually, Hawk and DJ made a very funny deal out of it. I think it was when they came back from the break for the next inning. As the first play was going on, Hawk said something like, “hang on, we’ve got something funny to show you in a minute.” Then they showed it in real time and slow motion several times as they howled with laughter and made a few appropriate comments along the lines of, “that’s AJ.”

I think few people caught what happened in the excitement of the original play, because things were happening so fast. But thanks to some sharp-eyed producer ……..

Edited by Mercy!

I think it is way overblown. I dont think Boone has cleat marks in his back, it really looked like to me that AJ did his best to keep his wieght off of his foot, he just doesnt have a long or fast stride. Unfortunate for Boone, but Aaron certainly didnt look pissed after it was over. And I have yet to read anything indicating he was angry.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
I think it is way overblown. I dont think Boone has cleat marks in his back, it really looked like to me that AJ did his best to keep his wieght off of his foot, he just doesnt have a long or fast stride. Unfortunate for Boone, but Aaron certainly didnt look pissed after it was over.  And I have yet to read anything indicating he was angry.

I don't even think it was blown at all. Sort of like a few people on this site... :ph34r:

I honestly believe that AJ is the heart and soul of this team. He's a guy that gets excited when we win and pissed off when we lose. As many have indicated in this thread already, he is a fan favorite because he is as passionate about this team as any of the fans. I hated him when he was a Twin, but I love him as a member of the White Sox. He is the toughness and emotion that this team has been missing for years.

As far as him stepping on Boone, I don't care if it was intentional or not. The important thing is that he scored the run. And the picture is definitely my background right now.