Albert Belle

clujer420

I'm just sitting here watching the Albert SportsCentury show on ESPN Classic, and it's very apparent to me that he has severe issues.

However, as a baseball player, I feel he put up the numbers to be in the HOF one day. He was, IMO, one of the 2 best hitters of the 1990's decade. Frank was #1 IMO, but Albert wasn't far behind.

.295 career average, 381 HR, 1239 RBI. There's not much doubt that had he played a full, healthy career, he would have likely reached 500 HR plateau.

The only thing that might keep him out was his attitude, but in time, I think that people will forget that some and he'll make it in based on his numbers.

HOF -- yes or no?

If we could do a recall in the hall of fame, Kirby wouldn't be in there.  He was in there because he was a "good guy" turned out he was more of a dick then anyone ever would of imagined.

If you're referring to the Sports Illustrated article that came out a couple of months ago, I think you should re-think your position on Kirby. In his recent trial, he was found not guilty of "groping" a woman at some club or something.

It seems to me that SI jumped the gun on painting Kirby as a bad guy.

Plus, if you're going to say that Kirby shouldn't be in because he's "not a good guy", there'd be a lot of guys taken out of the HOF -- would you support such action?

Kirby's "good guy" image (coupled with the way his career ended) made him get into the Hall faster, but with the stats he compiled and contributions he made to baseball, he deserves to be in.

He deserved to be in if it he played a full career. Since he didn't they looked at other things, such as the fact that he was a goodwill ambassador to baseball and that in my opinion is why he eventually got in.

I heard an interview with Pucketts wife and she said that he was a fraud the whole time. It surprised the heck out of me, and this wasn't a women that had a grudge against him.

Albert Belle was simply not a HOF player.  Maybe if he played a few more years or maybe this or maybe not - he was very, very good but not HOF, regardless of what he did or did not do with the media.

I seem to be the only one who thinks he'll be in some day (and deservedly so, IMO).

My rationale is simple really -- he was perhaps the most dominant offensive player of an entire decade. He has nearly 400 HR, over 1200 RBI, and is almost a .300 hitter. What more can you ask from a player?

IMO, any player that does so well over a 10 year period deserves a spot in Cooperstown. Think about it...there have been like 12 decades in baseball history, and Belle was one of probably 2 players (along with Frank) that dominated most in the 1990's.

harold baines drove 400 more runs than belle..about the same amount of homers and BA...he aint getting in either

look at jim rice...better numbers (382 - 1451 - 298)and he played in a more pitcher friendley era...no hall for jim

imo..if your numbers dont blow the doors off jim rice...no hall..cause it would be a travesty to put belle in and keep jim out

harold baines drove 400 more runs than belle..about the same amount of homers and BA...he aint getting in either

look at  jim rice...better  numbers (382 - 1451 - 298)and he played in a more pitcher friendley era...no hall for jim

imo..if your numbers dont blow the doors off jim rice...no hall..cause it would be a travesty to put belle in and keep jim out

I just looked at Harold's career stats. I never realized how good his numbers are. He should probably be in the HOF. Although, to say "Harold has more RBI than Belle" is unfair -- he played 10 more seasons than Albert did.

As for Jim Rice, he should be in the Hall too with those numbers.