Curry

Jake

QUOTE(Stocking @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
Last I heard is he wanted a sign and trade deal.  ehh.........

That was his agent and Isiah Thomas. No way John Paxson is gonna do it though. What would the Knicks give back to the Bulls?

The knicks have nothing we need. Curry is just mad that he has to prove himself again this year. Any team that takes a chance giving him a long term deal at this point is f-in retarded. He could Hank Gathers on us in the first game for all we know. He needs to prove himself this year, let us sign him, and then keep the team together.

I dont really know what Curry expects. It isnt as if he can hide his condition from the world. The Bulls have shown him that they want him there, and now Eddy(or his agent and isiah) wants to go to New york?

I would almost say let the knicks sign him outright. Let Isiah screw up New Yorks financial situation EVEN MORE, and get a draft pick for Curry.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 08:16 AM)
That was his agent and Isiah Thomas. No way John Paxson is gonna do it though. What would the Knicks give back to the Bulls?

It's not just that, it's even more the fact that no one else is willing to take a chance on Curry for the money he wants without insurance either.

New York comes up every time lately because they're a dumping ground for salary. That's it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 07:20 AM)
Last I heard last week was that he will probably sign with the Bulls for one year than become unrestricted FA next year.

I believe the Free Agent period in the NBA ends on October 1st. The only offer Curry has received thus far is the 1 year qualifying offer from the Bulls. He has talked to a few other people, but given his condition, no one has shown any interest at all. Not even the Hawks.

He'll wind up playing for the 1 year qualifying offer. Absolute guarantee. And then he'll probably end up leaving next year because of it.

Oh man, this Curry situation is sad. Curry is going to be a dominator in this league, and it probably won't be in a Bulls uniform. His game is finally developing, and now this heart situation comes up. Does anybody besides me get nervous thinking that Curry has the possibility of becoming basketball's Thomas Herrion?

The latest is that Paxson wants to keep him on the Bulls, but they won't allow him to play without taking the DNA test. He said he refuses to take one through his agent(violates privacy rights or w/e). It will probably go through an arbitration hearing. Bulls can't really trade him considering his value is at an all-time low after he said he won't submit to a DNA test.