Wedding, Baby, and Home Updates

Texsox

Thanks for asking!

Tough part right now is that Brian's dad is in the hospital and they are still waiting for test results. Brian's brother came up to visit their dad yesterday (he lives outside of Springfield). He seemed convinced something was really not right and wasn't as simple as they were all hoping. Here's praying he is wrong and Mr C will be home and 100% shortly. :pray

Not much new, really. Had my first fitting a week and a half ago and go for my second fitting on 10/1 (after getting my last two brackets on a couple hours earlier and he better use brackets rather than bands dammit). Have about half our response cards back - how f***ing hard is it to mark yes or no and send it back in a pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelope?! We had the shower on Sunday and couldn't believe the generosity of our friends and family (half the stuff is still in boxes on the kitchen floor as we haven't had time to figure out what goes where. The thank yous were sent out Tuesday afternoon, so that was completed quickly. The hallway between our room and the guest room is filled with wedding crap that Brain and I are getting sick of walking over. My friend is going to help me to kit up the centerpieces and assemble the favors (have the tulle, ribbon and blue and green m&ms so now I just need time to assemble lol). I have most of the bridesmaid/flower girl/ring bearer gifts and Brian will be ordering the groomsmen and ushers gifts this weekend.

I have to hassle the organist/cantor as she was supposed to call a couple weeks ago to set up a time to meet and go over the ceremony music. I have the mass planned out, just need to go over that with Father as soon as Brian finishes the test that Father needs to go over with us. I also need to call the photographer to make sure all is good and find out who, exactly, will be the photographer. Oh, and he and I need to figure out when we are going to get the marriage license in the next few weeks.

The last few details that are needed are tough to accomplish when you and your FI are on opposite shifts and he is working 7 days a week. I still need to put the introduction music list together (all I have right now is Thunderstruck for the bridal part and Another One Bites The Dust for Brain and myself).

Edited by Queen Prawn

I had the same issue with response cards..

Sounds like you have everything on track. Make sure you get detailed with the photographer. I just finished putting together my album last night.. what a joy that was.. not, but it was a lot easier than my.. hehe.. daughter in law's experience because I was very specific with the photographer in what I wanted and how I wanted it.

Thunderstruck was our entrance song also. Everyone got a big kick out of it.

Post my life events here?

I don't have any. :ph34r:

Ok, seriously.

Since we got the big weekend out of the way last week, I'll share now.

My wife is expecting our first, due sometime around Mid-May. We should know more about the due date and all of that next week.

So, last night we were in the grocery store and we looked at the price of diapers and food and all that good stuff. Damn, poor house here we come! :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Post my life events here?

I don't have any.  :ph34r:

Ok, seriously.

Since we got the big weekend out of the way last week, I'll share now.

My wife is expecting our first, due sometime around Mid-May.  We should know more about the due date and all of that next week.

So, last night we were in the grocery store and we looked at the price of diapers and food and all that good stuff.  Damn, poor house here we come!  :lol:

:cheers Congratulations! :pray

BTW, note to new parents, when the diaper says good to 20 pounds, that's the baby's weight not the load.

READ THE BLOG :headshake ;)

Seriously though, everything is going really well for us. We had our housewarming party/baby shower last weekend, and we were really lucky as well. We have literally a pile of stuff in the living room, 3 boxes of stuff that needs to be assembled, and another pile of stuff in the garage. It also was great to see a lot of people that we don't get to see nearly often enough, and the weekend was topped of by Kap and the Mrs's news.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I have an endoscopy scheduled for Tuesday, which I'm not looking forward to, and I'm in the process of putting together a project to heat my house via solar energy.  f*** Nicor and their $400 gas bills.

I assume an active system? Sounds cool. How far along are you? Are you just trying to heat or hot water and energy part of the plans?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
I assume an active system? Sounds cool. How far along are you? Are you just trying to heat or hot water and energy part of the plans?

Yes, an active system. I'm measuring my floors and figuring out how much radiation energy my house gets based on location, which direction the roof faces, etc. Next step is ordering the system, and I'll be installing it in waves and keep the forced air furnace until I get everything installed(I have to rip up all the floors on the second floor to install the tubing)

For now it will just be for heating(our electric bills are never very high) but eventually I'll go completely off-grid.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Not much news on our homefront, well, other than my 3 year old daughter deciding to cut her own hair last week...

SFF

LOL!

I remember trying to give my brother a hair cut. That didn't work out so well lol.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
Yes, an active system.  I'm measuring my floors and figuring out how much radiation energy my house gets based on location, which direction the roof faces, etc.  Next step is ordering the system, and I'll be installing it in waves and keep the forced air furnace until I get everything installed(I have to rip up all the floors on the second floor to install the tubing) 

For now it will just be for heating(our electric bills are never very high) but eventually I'll go completely off-grid.

Is the laws still in place where the utility company has to buy your surplus?

Let's see here. Mum came back from Phoenix last Monday, Dad comes back next weekend, trying to convince him to head back from Nov/Feb so I can spend 3 months there, but it's unlikely to happen since the work probably won't be there, they laid off about 80 of 120 employees actually recently (just all locals) so things aren't going too well for them.

And as for me, nothing. 4 exams in early November and that's about it. My life is pretty boring right about now.