Wedding, Baby, and Home Updates

Texsox

My daughter turned 5 on tuesday. Completely blows my mind. She was so little, then she was talking back.

Her main present was Tom the Turtle(a Sulcata tortoise) that she picked out. Alot of people give me s*** for getting her a turtle(Oh my gawd! They all have salmonella!), but I really think its a good learning tool for her, and it teaches responsibility. She is pretty into it, so I am happy.

Resize_of_DSCN9420.jpg

Tom ^^^

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
Tom is cute!

That isnt really Tom, but he looks just like that. He is really cute. They have these strange little personalities that you wouldnt even know about unless you owned one. Of course, this guy is in it for the long haul, they can live up to 80-100 years and get up to 150 pounds.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
My daughter just started ballet and tap lessons, she's in a soccer league and she is going to be in Girl Scouts soon.

She is absolutely awesome, despite inheriting WAY too many of my personality traits.

LMAO, I know how you feel.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
My daughter just started ballet and tap lessons, she's in a soccer league and she is going to be in Girl Scouts soon.

She is absolutely awesome, despite inheriting WAY too many of my personality traits.

So how are your tap and ballet lessons going?

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
I have not come across anything like that, but Illinois does provide substantial rebates for installing a system like this.  I think I might get up to 60% of my costs back.

They are called "Net Metering Laws".

http://www.eere.energy.gov/greenpower/mark...tmetering.shtml

Net Metering Policies

Net metering programs serve as an important incentive for consumer investment in renewable energy generation. Net metering enables customers to use their own generation to offset their consumption over a billing period by allowing their electric meters to turn backwards when they generate electricity in excess of the their demand. This offset means that customers receive retail prices for the excess electricity they generate. Without net metering, a second meter is usually installed to measure the electricity that flows back to the provider, with the provider purchasing the power at a rate much lower than the retail rate.

Net metering is a low-cost, easily administered method of encouraging customer investment in renewable energy technologies. It increases the value of the electricity produced by renewable generation and allows customers to "bank" their energy and use it a different time than it is produced giving customers more flexibility and allowing them to maximize the value of their production. Providers may also benefit from net metering because when customers are producing electricity during peak periods, the system load factor is improved.

Currently, net metering is offered in more than 35 states (see the summary table and map below). For a more detailed description of state net metering policies and links to the authorizing legislation, see the DSIRE database, which is a project of the Interstate Renewable Energy Council funded by the U.S. DOE and managed by the North Carolina Solar Center.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Sounds like we are going to have alot of new Sox fans in the world.

Congrats to everyone.

We have to replace the ones hurting themselves jumping off the out of control bandwagon . . . :huh:

Wedding: Been married for 6 years now so that's not really an issue. My best friend just got married (again) last week. He was the first in our group of friends to get married and now he's the last... :P

Baby: My youngest turns 4 next week so I get to feel older. She did manage to get DCFS called because she was on the other side of the house next door walking on the sidewalk. Literally 50 feet from her own yard... :angry:

Home: My house is still a POS that is falling down around my ears and I don't have the money to fix it. 29 more years and it's all mine. :headshake

Add in that I have to go to court because somebody let my dog out and it was picked up by animal control (I'm pleading 'not guilty' because I have evidence that the kennel he was in was damaged by someone or something thus leading to him getting out), that I just found out (4 weeks into the sememster) that I'm not eligible for a student loan because I don't have enough credit hours and the Sox going through the biggest collapse in MLB history... I'm doing just dandy.

:violin