AL MVP should be....

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
The awards are determined by the writers so technically EVERY pitcher is "nominated."

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...s_mlb&fext=.jsp

NL CY YOUNG AWARD

Player 1 2 3 Total

Gagne 28 2 - 146

Schmidt 2 17 12 73

Prior 2 11 17 60

Ortiz -- 2 3 9

yeah i know however i remember and you can check mlb.com if they still have this them having the preview and one of the dudes was saying that Beckett has a chance because of how well he did in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
I'll give it a shot. I'll add my preseason picks if I can remember them. I didn't do preseason picks for the last two categories

AL Cy Young = Bartolo Colon..........Preseason-Colon (got one right!)

AL MVP = Vlad Guerrero................Preseason-Hideki Matsui. Oops.

AL ROY = Robinson Cano (Yankee resurgence began with his call-up) Preseason-Kazmir

AL Rolaids Relief = Mariano Rivera (Wickman an honorable mention)

AL Manager of the Year = Eric Wedge. Not really close with Ozzie's implosion and the fact that even though the A's turned it around-Ken Macha will not be back next year.

NL Cy Young = Carpenter.....................Preseason-Peavy

NL MVP = Albert Pujols.........................Preseason-Pujols. MVP's don't hit 270 or below and Jones is no more important to that team than Furcal or Chipper

NL ROY = Ryan Howard......................Preseason-JJ Hardy. A dud pick

NL Rolaids Relief = Trevor Hoffman. It's not easy to argue against Cordero  but Hoffman has been the one constant for this playoff team. COrdero has a whip under 1 and an era a run lower but Hoffman has walked just nine guys this year and has had a better September than Cordero. Close call though

NL Manager of the Year = Tony La Russa. Losing Rolen, Molina, Sanders, and Walker is not insignificant. This feels a bit like it will be a referendum on who is better between TLR and Cox which might not be fair to either but I think that's how it will be voted on).

Hogwash. im sorry however Jones has carried this team through all those injuries. He has 50 HR and has finally had the big breakout season everybody thought he would have. Furcal was non existant in the before the All Star Break. Chipper was injured. Just because his BA is lower doesn't mean he isn't as deserving.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
That team relies more on Furcal and Giles causing havoc than Jones. Plus, Chipper-when he's been helahty-has been huge for that offense. This is the MVP, not the HR title

i know however the cardinals are rely on that pitching staff. the MVP of the Cards is Chris Carpenter. Also Furcal sucked the high heavens in the 1st half.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
Hogwash.  im sorry however Jones has carried this team through all those injuries.  He has 50 HR and has finally had the big breakout season everybody thought he would have.  Furcal was non existant in the before the All Star Break.  Chipper was injured.  Just because his BA is lower doesn't mean he isn't as deserving.

How healthy have the Cardinals been this year?

Reggie Sanders?

Larry Walker?

Scott Rolen?

Yadier Molina?

All were down for extended periods of time, but the Cardinals suffered basically no loss in quality. Imagine the White Sox losing Dye, Pierzynski, um, uh, and 2 other people who we have absolutely no equal for.

I actually think I'd lean towards Jones anyway, but just saying that Jones carried that team through injuries doesn't do it. Plus, it's not like he didn't have help...take a look at the numbers of some of those rookies Atlanta has been playing.