No Fucking Heart

SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
i'm a huge pesimist, both in real life and on this board, but I still want this team to win so bad, that's why games like tonight feel like a punch in the stomach

More like a swift kick to the balls. If only the Sox, outside of BMAC, had some.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
"f*** this team" and "f*** you White Sox" are the same thing, no matter what context they are used in.

Uuuum, no. "f*** this team" and "f*** this team" are the same thing, no matter what context they are used in.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
That is completely different context. Saying f*** YOU WHITE SOX is like saying "Grow a pair and show me something" not "f*** this team, they blow, and they will suck forever." Pay attention to the tone of the thread and the main idea.

Splitting goddamn hairs. It doesn't matter to me. We're all incredibly frustrated right now.

I just need an answer. Hello? White Sox? You playing on the 4th of October?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Uuuum, no. "f*** this team" and "f*** this team" are the same thing, no matter what context they are used in.

And in this situation, "this team" is the White Sox. So saying "f*** you White Sox" is just like saying "f*** this team"

But whatever..

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
And in this situation, "this team" is the White Sox.  So saying "f*** you White Sox" is just like saying "f*** this team"

But whatever..

You just dont get it. Look, I praise you for your mass homerism and I have nothing against you nor do I want to start anything with you but lets agree to disagree because this s*** aint going nowhere. Like I said, I am still a Sox fan and deep inside, I still am rooting for them to win the division and the World Series but right now, it is hard to get that feeling from deep inside of me when they play like they are 60-91 not 91-60.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Splitting goddamn hairs.  It doesn't matter to me.  We're all incredibly frustrated right now. 

I just need an answer.  Hello?  White Sox?  You playing on the 4th of October?

as pessimistic as I am, I'll answer yes. The Twins offense is not that great, so Sox should at least split with them and the Tigers, that's 95 wins, even if the Tribe sweep the Sox the Red Sox aren't playing so hot now either, so I think Sox will at least get the WC...

I tell you what though, I do not want to see El Duque again this year, McCarthy pitched a tremendous game tonight, simply unbelievable. Hats off to him, The Count and JG his last 2 starts..

To be honest, there is no way we will miss the playoffs.

The Red Sox and Yankees play each other in the final series of the year, and since once of them has to win that series, that team will be the one which wins the division. And since the other team has to lose that series (go 1-2 in it), they will likely fall back farther from the Sox/Indians. So basically, since the AL Central teams already have the lead in the WC, they aren't going to lose the lead...

unless of course, two teams can win the same game.. but I dont think thats possible.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)

The Red Sox and Yankees play each other in the final series of the year, and since once of them has to win that series, that team will be the one which wins the division.  And since the other team has to lose that series (go 1-2 in it), they will likely fall back farther from the Sox/Indians.  So basically, since the AL Central teams already have the lead in the WC, they aren't going to lose the lead...

unless of course, two teams can win the same game.. but I dont think thats possible.

Never underestimate how chicago teams find ways to blow it.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)

The Red Sox and Yankees play each other in the final series of the year, and since once of them has to win that series, that team will be the one which wins the division.  And since the other team has to lose that series (go 1-2 in it), they will likely fall back farther from the Sox/Indians.  So basically, since the AL Central teams already have the lead in the WC, they aren't going to lose the lead...

LMAO@There is no way we can miss the playoffs. You've got to be f***ing kidding me.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)

To be honest there are many ways this team may not make the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
We could possibly be eliminated from the playoffs before the first game of the Cleveland series.

I doubt it, simply because of who we are playing. We'll take at least 2 from Minnesota this series and another 2 from Detroit. And with the way Boston is playing recently, I doubt they can gain ground on the Sox at that rate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
We could possibly be eliminated from the playoffs before the first game of the Cleveland series.

Yeah suddenly Detroit breaks out of this terrible slump and sweeps us. lol I don't think it'll happen though, but you never know with this team.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:57 AM)
I doubt it, simply because of who we are playing.  We'll take at least 2 from Minnesota this series and another 2 from Detroit.  And with the way Boston is playing recently, I doubt they can gain ground on the Sox at that rate.

I was just saying it was a possibility. There's no guarantee that any particular team will win another game for the rest of the season. As I said two months ago, and I'll say again: THERE'S NO GUARANTEES IN SPORTS!

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
I doubt it, simply because of who we are playing.  We'll take at least 2 from Minnesota this series and another 2 from Detroit.  And with the way Boston is playing recently, I doubt they can gain ground on the Sox at that rate.

You do know that we just very recently lost 2 of 3 to the Royals, right?

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)

A month ago I might have agreed with you. s***, 2 weeks ago maybe too. But right now, absolutely nothing is a given with this team. It's nice to make scenarios but I hope to God those aren't in our players heads.

Very, very simple: Win. And we go.

Edited by ceffa2000

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
You do know that we just very recently lose 2 of 3 to the Royals,  right?

Yea, I also know that the Sox, while they lost 2/3 from Cleveland, looked back to form in the first two games of that series, which is promising.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 04:01 AM)
Yea, I also know that the Sox, while they lost 2/3 from Cleveland, looked back to form in the first two games of that series, which is promising.

No such thing as moral victories now. If you lose a game the rest of the way, it's a bad loss. If we keep losing games that we have the lead in heading into the 7th inning, they won't make the playoffs.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)

How many of those games did we win? How many should we have won?