16 runs in 3 innings

southsider2k5

I did my fair share of Cub bashings, but look at it this way. Our lineup was supposed to be awesome, yet its them that is I think 3rd in the NL in runs scored.

I'll give them some credit. Don't think their offense will keep it up, but I'll say this, they have all played their butts off and have got themselves into first or wherever they are while the Sox are dragging around. Of course we have more talent and have played like crap but still, they are overachieving while were underachieving.

I'd rather overachieve then underachieve and I hope the Sox will start playing.

....and the game has been postponed in the top of the 5th. All those stats, runs, etc. are all gone.

Sucks for many of my fantasy squads with Pujols getting a grand slam.

F the weather! Damn it, I've a lot of Cardinals on my teams. On the bright side I also have Clement...

and the game has been postponed in the top of the 5th. All those stats, runs, etc. are all gone.

I think the stats are counted even if the game is canceled.

Which means 23yo, league minimum-making Corey Patterson is out-hitting slowfoots Konerko and Crede COMBINED........Lovely.

Wrong.

Hey dips*** if you are going to call someone out at least know what the f*** you are talking about. ALL STATS DO NOT COUNT. Go to chicagosports.com it is the lead article and say in BLACK AND WHITE stats DO NOT COUNT. live it , learn it , know it. :bang

Hey dips*** if you are going to call someone out at least know what the f*** you are talking about. ALL STATS DO NOT COUNT. Go to chicagosports.com it is the lead article and say in BLACK AND WHITE stats DO NOT COUNT. live it , learn it , know it. :bang

Gently untwist the panties...grab some valium.....take a deep breath or two....momo.

I recall using "I think" before stating my opinion....nice to be wrong for a change.

Stats aren't counted. What I always want to know is why don't they just suspend a game and replay it at a later date. Its something I've never figured out and I figure it would be the best way to do it. You shouldn't punish a team thats playing good just because it is raining.

ESPN still has Clement's ERA at 5.47...I dunno, it wouln't be fair not to count the stats, the players played their asses off....not getting 'W' and 'L' is one thing, but to penalize Tino Martinez......this is not my America!

ESPN still has Clement's ERA at 5.47...I dunno, it wouln't be fair not to count the stats, the players played their asses off....not getting 'W' and 'L' is one thing, but to penalize Tino Martinez......this is not my America!

What if a guy had 5 of these so called games, or even more, during a season, and broke some record? home runs, rbis, anything....then what would happen? That's gotta be part of the reason the stats don't count...so everyone gets 162 games.

Stats aren't counted.  What I always want to know is why don't they just suspend a game and replay it at a later date.  Its something I've never figured out and I figure it would be the best way to do it.  You shouldn't punish a team thats playing good just because it is raining.

It's all about the money Jason. This way they can either promote a double-header, or another full game on an open date. Look at it this way, they got revenues from parking and almost five full innings worth of souvenier and concession sales. Now they can do it all over again.

What if a guy had 5 of these so called games, or even more, during a season, and broke some record? home runs, rbis, anything....then what would happen? That's gotta be part of the reason the stats don't count...so everyone gets 162 games.

Nice try...but, no, it shouldn't matter because it wouldn alter the amount of at bats. If you play extra 5 games, you have 20-25 extra at bats good for you. Barry Bonds had only 500 at bats to hit his 73 homers in 2001 while Ichiro will have a 700 at bat season one of these days. Not exactly "fair", but that's the way it is. I mean, it's not like a player can cause a rain delay and "pad" his stats; if he gets lucky with 5 postponed games in which he does a lot of damage, so be it, he got lucky but at the same time he totally deserved it because it was accomplished in a fair&square fashion.

Matt Clement was absolute s***. Why should he be let off the hook? It's not "fair" to other pitchers whose record might end up being broken....when a pitcher can have up to 36 "do overs" in a year :)

"So called games"? Go tell that to the Cardinal guy who so-called broke his so-called ankle.....

Nice try...but, no, it shouldn't matter because it wouldn alter the amount of at bats.  If you play extra 5 games, you have 20-25 extra at bats good for you.  Barry Bonds had only 500 at bats to hit his 73 homers in 2001 while Ichiro will have a 700 at bat season one of these days. Not exactly "fair", but that's the way it is.  I mean, it's not like a player can cause a rain delay and "pad" his stats;  if he gets lucky with 5 postponed games in which he does a lot of damage, so be it, he got lucky but at the same time he totally deserved it because it was accomplished in a fair&square fashion.

Matt Clement was absolute s***.  Why should he be let off the hook?  It's not "fair" to other pitchers whose record might end up being broken....when a pitcher can have up to 36 "do overs" in a year :)

"So called games"?  Go tell that to the Cardinal guy who so-called broke his so-called ankle.....

Nice try? You made no sense in your last post...it does alter the amount of at bats!!!! If a guy gets 5 extra half games in, that could mean 15 more at bats...again, that's 15 MORE at bats then he would have gotten. This has nothing to do with at bat differentials based on walks and where you are in the order, etc. It's about how many games you get. It's not fair and square fashion if you get more games than another guy to break a record or win some award.

Alex Rodriguez hits 60 home runs in 162 game schedule, let's say Jason Giambi has 162 game schedule and 5 extra games and hits 3 home runs in those games and wins 61-60. Is that fair? You've got to be kidding me.

Alex Rodriguez hits 60 home runs in 162 game schedule, let's say Jason Giambi has 162 game schedule and 5 extra games and hits 3 home runs in those games and wins 61-60. Is that fair? You've got to be kidding me.

I don't give a s*** about home runs or records, the game shouldn't revolve around them 24/7...but I'll humor you anyway...

Of course it's fair- it's not like he 1) caused the rainout in order to take advantage of it or 2)had batting practice pitching to hit the homers off. He got lucky and had enough skill to convert the opportunity. Such a minor issue it's not even funny.

So if Sammy Sosa gets walked 200 times a year and misses 15 games due to injury and hits 50 homers...while Giambi who has a hell of a lineup protection, plays with that short porch and was in 160 games, hits 51......does that 120+ ab differencial seem in any way "fair" to you? But, you say, it's different when blablabla...And yet you're ready to piss your pants because of measly 3 extra at bats Tino Martinez had....unreal.

You still haven't asnwered about Matt Clement...what if he gets 3 rainout games in which he gets rocked (say 22 ER runs) but gets to do "over again" and ends up breaking the ERA record? Ha? Wha....technicalities, no? Where is your sense of outrage?

Agin, that Cardinal dude with a broken leg, I bet the Sunday game seemed very real to him.

I don't give a s*** about home runs or records, the game shouldn't revolve around them 24/7...but I'll humor you anyway...

Of course it's fair-  it's not like he 1) caused the rainout in order to take advantage of it or 2)had batting practice pitching to hit the homers off.  He got lucky and had enough skill to convert the opportunity. Such a minor issue it's not even funny.

So if Sammy Sosa gets walked 200 times a year and misses 15 games due to injury and hits 50 homers...while Giambi who has a hell of a lineup protection, plays with that short porch and played 160 games, hits 51......does that seem fair to you? But, you say, it's different when blablabla...And yet you're ready to piss your pants because of measly 3 extra at bats Tino Martinez had....unreal.

You still haven't asnwered about Matt Clement...what if he gets 3 rainout games in which he gets rocked (say 22 ER runs) but gets to do "over again" and ends up breaking the ERA record?  Ha?  Wha....technicalities, no? Where is your sense of outrage?

Moron, it's about games played, there's no luck involved, it's called playing a 162 game schedule, what in the hell don't you see about this. Getting extra games isn't luck, it's an unfair advantage.

Oh and about Clement, the stats don't count either way whether you do excellent or s***ty. It doesn't count it doesn't count, that's the way it is. I don't get what your trying to prove. Clement didn't get any additional games to break the ERA record, that's what matters. THE GAME WAS NEVER PLAYED.

Maybe after this you'll get my point. Let's say a guy gets 30 of these such games....30!!!! And beats a guy out for the HR title by one or two. Is that luck? He "capitalized" on his opportunity? Bulls***, it's an unfair advantage, he had more GAMES to complete his stat line. It's pretty simple. And don't come back with "30 would never happen". It's principle. If 30 is too many, so is one. There's no drawing the line at a certain number of games.

Of course it's fair-  it's not like he 1) caused the rainout in order to take advantage of it or 2)had batting practice pitching to hit the homers off.  He got lucky and had enough skill to convert the opportunity. Such a minor issue it's not even funny.

So if Sammy Sosa gets walked 200 times a year and misses 15 games due to injury and hits 50 homers...while Giambi who has a hell of a lineup protection, plays with that short porch and played 160 games, hits 51......does that seem fair to you? But, you say, it's different when blablabla...And yet you're ready to piss your pants because of measly 3 extra at bats Tino Martinez had....unreal.

You still haven't asnwered about Matt Clement...what if he gets 3 rainout games in which he gets rocked (say 22 ER runs) but gets to do "over again" and ends up breaking the ERA record?  Ha?  Wha....technicalities, no? Where is your sense of outrage?

Moron, it's about games played, there's no luck involved, it's called playing a 162 game schedule, what in the hell don't you see about this. Getting extra games isn't luck, it's an unfair advantage.

Oh and about Clement, the stats don't count either way whether you do excellent or s***ty. It doesn't count it doesn't count, that's the way it is. I don't get what your trying to prove. Clement didn't get any additional games to break the ERA record, that's what matters. THE GAME WAS NEVER PLAYED.

Alright, if you can't get past one-dimensional, inflexible thinking, it's your problem. No amount of name-calling is going to change that, pal. *yawn**

Forget about going by the book and all that formal crap for a change...and if you think a few extra rain-cased AB's is "unfair"...while the 100+ differencial caused by health, line-up, stadium factors is very "fair"....god help you.