KW article

fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
If you've been paying close attention, as I'm sure everyone does right now, you'll notice that Hawk has a HUGE problem with Ozzie's managing.  It's safe to say that no one is more disappointed in what he's seen on the field than Hawk is.  I know I'll say this, and people will blow it off as Fathom just b****ing, but Ozzie Guillen is proving that he shouldn't be a MLB manager.  When the going has got tough, Ozzie has acted like a little baby.  He's going to keep on getting booed if this struggle continues, and I don't think he has the composure to handle it.  MY ONLY HOPE IF WE MISS THE PLAYOFFS IS THAT OZZIE ISN'T OUR MANAGER NEXT SEASON.

Only in the bizarre world of Soxland will the manager be gone if we win the World Series and be back if we miss the playoffs. You can't make this stuff up! :huh

And this from the Sun-Times:

No, booing from the fans wouldn't be an added reason, though Guillen said he would like to see a more supportive fan base for a team that has outdone the 2004 club by leaps and bounds.

Get real, Ozzie! The fans have been great this year. Sorry if we're not lapdog Cub fans. I went to the games vs. Anaheim at US Cellular. You're lucky there wasn't a riot, the way your team rolled over on Saturday and Sunday. Try your act in NY, Boston, or Philly and see how much support you get. Maybe there will be an opening in Tampa next year. Then you can find out about a supportive fan base--and you'll be close to home.

Why shouldn't he say he'd like a more supportive fan base? What manager in the league wouldn't like 40,000 enthusiastic vocal supportive fans every game?

It's not reality, it won't happen ... but if I were him I'd want the same thing. He never said people don't have the right to boo or b****.

The fact is the Sox fans were very supportive when things were going well, and have been loud and supportive even during this stretch. Ozzie doesn't like getting booed because he potentially is going to lift Politte for a guy he himself kicked off the team a week before. Give me a break. The other problem is this team has s*** the bed at home the last 2 months or so. They are 1-7 their last 8 home games. Games are expensive for a lot of people. Watching a piss poor product while spending hard earned money isn't a way to build the supportive fan base Ozzie wants.

The fact is the Sox fans were very supportive when things were going well, and have been loud and supportive even during this stretch. Ozzie doesn't like getting booed because he potentially is going to lift Politte for a guy he himself kicked off the team a week before. Give me a break. The other problem is this team has s*** the bed at home the last 2 months or so. They are 1-7 their last 8 home games. Games are expensive for a lot of people. Watching a piss poor product while spending hard earned money isn't a way to build the supportive fan base Ozzie wants.

This is stating the obvious.

His comment was he'd like a more supportive fan base. What manager wouldn't?

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
If we miss playoffs OG proved he sucks worst in mlb at handling a staff and should go day after season so JR can hire another CHEAP manager!

Ok let's see here;

Alan Trammel

Frank Robinson

Dusty Baker

Bob Melvin

Would you say now AT LEAST these 4 guys, would be worse at handling their pitching right now?

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 02:33 AM)
The only way Ozzie goes is if he resigns, way to much dough to eat for a firing.

Leyland I think gets the job.

I would pay for Lou but that would make to much sense as he knows how to run a pitching staff.

If Ozzie goes does his relative (Garcia) get moved for the bat we need, Tex or Blaylock?

If the Sox want Leyland, they better act fast. He could get the Pirates job (Ken Macha wants it bad though) or with Detroit if they fire Trammell.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
I really think if the Sox miss out on the playoffs, one of Buehrle, Garcia or Garland is going to get shipped off. :ph34r:

What do you think we'd get in return, and what is the greatest need / position that needs filling right now?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
Alright, so then let me take a a piece of your idea....

Garland, Marte, and Crede for Mench and Hank.

Hmmm, I still think we're overpaying just slightly in that. Hank scares me, his AWAY splits from Tex have been BRUTAL this season, and he's lost a lot of his power recently. Mench would be a good get though for LF.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
Wow, after looking at his .239 average for Hank, I guess I still have 2003-2004 Blalock in my mind.

5 HR's on the road? :huh

Yeah, it's just real hard to find a good, consistent third baseman, age/splits/stats wise.

I think Ozzie's done a pretty good job handling the staff. Look at the years Hermanson, Pollitte, and Cotts are having. The problem is it's real hard to beat a team when their starters are allowed to throw only 64 pitches through 5 1/3 innings like Santanna had last night and similar to what Elarton had the night before. This is the offense that Kenny Williams is responsible for.

I'm amazed at the number of utter F'n cry-babies that troll this site. If this is the Sox fan base then I'm embarassed to call myself a Sox fan. Everybody is blaming Ozzie for the record in the 2nd half. What about the first half? He go from genius to idiot over the All Star break?? And don't give me the BS that their first half was an easier schedule. Even if that was the case, that's why they play the whole season, and here we are less than two weeks from the end with the BEST RECORD IN THE AL.

If you didn't know how the recent past had gone and you showed up today to look at the standings you'd be saying Ozzie did a hell of a job with a team people were predicting to land in the cellar this year. To blame the collapse on Guillen is a joke.

And don't tell me the Sox have been getting great support all year long, that is a complete load of bulls***. I've been to a ton of games, and even earlier in the year when they were winning 70% of the games I was at games where people sat on their hands the whole 9 innings, and I was at games where people booed them during those 30% of losses that were happening.

If reading the crap you all throw around this board here is really indicative of how an average Sox fan feels then you don't deserve a team in the playoffs. You deserve a cellar dwelling team so you can be happy and freakin' complain about it all day long.

Yeah, go ahead and fire Ozzie after he produces a team that wins over 90 games. Even if the Sox lose every game from here on out they'll have a better season record than all but 3 of the past 23 Sox teams the Sox have fielded since 1984. If they play .500 from here on out they'll have the best White Sox team record since the 1983 club. Sure, that is sure the sign of a manager that needs to be fired. I think you all need to change to Cubbie blue and get the hell out of the South Side.

-Darren

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Hmmm, I still think we're overpaying just slightly in that. Hank scares me, his AWAY splits from Tex have been BRUTAL this season, and he's lost a lot of his power recently. Mench would be a good get though for LF.

I used to love Blalock, but a big time AL scout told my brother that Blalock has stopped listening to people, and he's likely already on the downfall of his career. He's stopped trying to do the little things that made him a good hitter, and is just swinging out of his ass with no regard now.

QUOTE(Darren @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I'm amazed at the number of utter F'n cry-babies that troll this site.  If this is the Sox fan base then I'm embarassed to call myself a Sox fan.  Everybody is blaming Ozzie for the record in the 2nd half.  What about the first half?  He go from genius to idiot over the All Star break??  And don't give me the BS that their first half was an easier schedule.  Even if that was the case, that's why they play the whole season, and here we are less than two weeks from the end with the BEST RECORD IN THE AL.

There were a lot of us on this site saying that if Ozzie continued to make the similar decisions that he was in the first half of the year in the second half of the year, that the Sox were going to be in a lot of trouble. Also, with the weather being colder in the early part of the season, our offense was able to win more games like 2-1 because our starting pitching completely overachieved.