Bulls sign

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
The Bulls are super f***in deep now.  Assuming we sign Curry,  our starting 5 will pretty much be what it was last year.  Curry,  Davis,  Deng,  Hinrich,  Duhon.  I'm assuming that's what it would be,  atleast to start the season.  The bench would consist of Gordon,  Chandler,  Nocioni,  Harrington,  Allen,  Songalia,  Badsen,  who I think will be awesome,  Pargo,  with Griffin and Pike on the IL?  I also wouldn't be surprised to see Antonio Davis traded sometime around the trade deadline.

Don't they not have an IL now with the Development League starting up?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
The Bulls are super f***in deep now.  Assuming we sign Curry,  our starting 5 will pretty much be what it was last year.  Curry,  Davis,  Deng,  Hinrich,  Duhon.  I'm assuming that's what it would be,  atleast to start the season.  The bench would consist of Gordon,  Chandler,  Nocioni,  Harrington,  Allen,  Songalia,  Badsen,  who I think will be awesome,  Pargo,  with Griffin and Pike on the IL?  I also wouldn't be surprised to see Antonio Davis traded sometime around the trade deadline.

Personally, I would actually prefer to have the starting lineup change from last year...Going with Curry and Chandler both in it to start off (the ol' Twin Towers formula for which they were originally drafted), Deng, Hinrich moving back to point guard, and give Gordon a shot at starting.

Hinrich still strikes me as a more natural point guard, and I want him to get more minutes at that spot this year. Duhon could be excellent as a backup.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Personally, I would actually prefer to have the starting lineup change from last year...Going with Curry and Chandler both in it to start off (the ol' Twin Towers formula for which they were originally drafted), Deng, Hinrich moving back to point guard, and give Gordon a shot at starting.

Hinrich still strikes me as a more natural point guard, and I want him to get more minutes at that spot this year.  Duhon could be excellent as a backup.

If Gordon starts at SG and plays for close to 30 minutes a night, you can just go ahead and put these SGs down for 25 to 30 points every time we play against them:

Michael Redd

Rip Hamilton

Larry Hughes

Dwyane Wade

Vince Carter

Jamal Crawford (wack player who would tear Gordon to shreds)

Paul Pierce

Tracy McGrady

Jerry Stackhouse

Jason Richardson

Kobe Bryant

Ray Allen

Manu Ginobli

s***, even these guys could probably put up 20 to 25 vs Gordon:

Stephen Jackson

Mike Miller

Josh Childress

J.R. Smith

Is Joe Johnson gonna play some 2 in Atlanta? :o

And I'm sure that I'm forgetting a player or two.

Duhon and Hinrich make up a solid defensive backcourt. I wouldn't tinker with it. Gordon, in a championship sense, has ZERO WORTH. He'll hurt you a hell of a lot more than he'll help, despite the scoring potential. I want him outta here ASAP. f*** an "exciting" player if he can't play defense worth a s***. If this is what people want, have fun watching the Pacers and Pistons whoop us over the next three to four years.

Right now would you still have Ben Gordon over Andre Igoudala? I know everyone loves the impact BG has coming off the bench, but long - term is he ever going to be good enough defensively, so those good SG's don't score heaps on him?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
Right now would you still have Ben Gordon over Andre Igoudala? I know everyone loves the impact BG has coming off the bench, but long - term is he ever going to be good enough defensively, so those good SG's don't score heaps on him?

Well supposedly he has bulked up a lot this off-season because he was being pushed around last season. He also added another move on offense when he drives in so we will see how he is this season. Iggy is like the exact opposite he is a great defender but his offense consists of dunking the ball.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Well supposedly he has bulked up a lot this off-season because he was being pushed around last season.  He also added another move on offense when he drives in so we will see how he is this season.  Iggy is like the exact opposite he is a great defender but his offense consists of dunking the ball.

Iggy still shot .493 from the field though last season which is very good for a SG. I just think long - term he's got more scope to improve then Gordon, don't get wrong, Gordon's a very good player though.

Gordon is a very hard worker. I wouldn't be shocked if he developed into a decent defensive player down the road. Obviously he'll always have problem guarding taller shooting guards, but the Bulls are lucky to have options since Hinrich is such a great defensive player (even though he's a little short, he still can do a solid job against taller SG's, plus the Bulls can always throw out some rotations).

I love BG's scoring ability and he knows he has to work hard on defense. He'll be a lot better this year, imo. He was a total hole last year it was pathetic.

And I personally still like Deng more like Igodola. Deng is just a solid defensive player with some pretty good offensive game. As his jumper develops better he's going to turn into quite the slasher, something the Bulls haven't had in a long time.

Think of him as a better defensive version of Michael Finley in the future.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Iggy still shot .493 from the field though last season which is very good for a SG. I just think long - term he's got more scope to improve then Gordon, don't get wrong, Gordon's a very good player though.

And like I said the reason his shot % was so high because so many of them were dunks. In fact I think he was dunking more than anyone else in the NBA or at least one of the top guys.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
If Gordon starts at SG and plays for close to 30 minutes a night, you can just go ahead and put these SGs down for 25 to 30 points every time we play against them:

Michael Redd

Rip Hamilton

Larry Hughes

Dwyane Wade

Vince Carter

Jamal Crawford (wack player who would tear Gordon to shreds)

Paul Pierce

Tracy McGrady

Jerry Stackhouse

Jason Richardson

Kobe Bryant

Ray Allen

Manu Ginobli

s***, even these guys could probably put up 20 to 25 vs Gordon:

Stephen Jackson

Mike Miller

Josh Childress

J.R. Smith

Is Joe Johnson gonna play some 2 in Atlanta? :o

And I'm sure that I'm forgetting a player or two.

Duhon and Hinrich make up a solid defensive backcourt.  I wouldn't tinker with it.  Gordon, in a championship sense, has ZERO WORTH.  He'll hurt you a hell of a lot more than he'll help, despite the scoring potential.  I want him outta here ASAP.  f*** an "exciting" player if he can't play defense worth a s***.  If this is what people want, have fun watching the Pacers and Pistons whoop us over the next three to four years.

Exactly. Gordon was bulked up last year too, but he needs to learn defensive positioning, and he has to learn something that can't be learned, and that's height. Gordon would get burned big time.

Joe Johnson is starting at 2 for Atlanta. I agree with you on Gordon. I mean, it would be a different story if he scored over the whole game as opposed to just the 4th quarter. Right now, Duhon should continue to start over him. He plays defense and his jumpshot(which is his only real knock) is getting better and better. I'd take Iguodala over Gordon. Oh well. I still like Gordon, but right now, he's a luxury type player(someone who really only plays in the 4th).