New bandwagon forming

southsider2k5

Yeah Willie duffed a not to difficult play in CF which lead to Seattles only run.

Didn't seen the game, but I thought he was playing pretty good D, running down flyballs and doing everything right even though he's not a CF

Seatle's only run..didn't they score 7? must have been early

So are you guys liking WilliE8 better than Aaron? Now do you guys believe that a second baseman cant play outfield? Do you realize that speed does not help if you cant get on base?

BTw, Post #1000 :headbang

nobody asked for willie harris...most us wanted and still want borchard..i really dont care to see either rowand or harris again... rowand is hitting 219 at charlotte..lets promote him :nono

So are you guys liking WilliE8 better than Aaron? Now do you guys believe that a second baseman cant play outfield? Do you realize that speed does not help if you cant get on base?

BTw, Post #1000 :headbang

nobody asked for willie harris...most us wanted and still want borchard..i really dont care to see either rowand or harris again... rowand is hitting 219 at charlotte..lets promote him :nono

Well I'm here to eat my crow. I wanted Willie Harris....now I dont want him. Either that or bring up Walker to work with Willie otherwise Borchard please....

CWSOX45

nobody asked for willie harris...most us wanted and still want borchard..i really dont care to see either rowand or harris again... rowand is hitting 219 at charlotte..lets promote him

Too bad Borchard is horrible right now, eh, in a hitter's park at that...

Willie is finally starting to look sharp and his outs are all line drives now. He could have easily been 2 for 2 today with a single and a double. I bet he doesn't make another mental mistake in CF for the reast of the year. Let him learn, he was errorless in the minors. I am with Chisoxfn on this one, give him another week or two. He is certainly looking sharper at the plate (seeing more pitches, etc) than Corey Patterson did in his first 500 at bats even if the stats don't show it yet.

White Sox are not going to live or die with their 9th spot hitter (with great speed and good defense might I add), 'kay? Forget about promised "breakout years", unless 4-7 hitters start producing at least at the rate they did last year, and unless two of Koch/Garland/Gordon are their normal selves....Sox are f***ed, in which case it doesn't really matter if Wee-Willie is "the one" in center or not.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Sox are f***ed, in which case it doesn't really matter if Wee-Willie is "the one" in center or not.

no arguement there............ ;)

Bringing Borchard up will neither help the Sox or himself. Sure, he'll hit some homers here and there, but the truth is, he needs more seasoning. I'd hate to see one of our best prospects get his career ruined by rushing him.

He's striking out way too much and isn't hitting near where he should be. He needs to get it together soon. If he's struggling in the minors, what makes you think he'll do well against major league pitching?

Borchard is not the answer. No one is the answer in center field, but I'd just hate to see Joe's career go right down the drain. I say give him at least 2 more years in AAA.

Bringing Borchard up will neither help the Sox or himself. Sure, he'll hit some homers here and there, but the truth is, he needs more seasoning. I'd hate to see one of our best prospects get his career ruined by rushing him.

Two words: Brooks Kieshniek

He's striking out way too much and isn't hitting near where he should be. He needs to get it together soon. If he's struggling in the minors, what makes you think he'll do well against major league pitching?

I have no problem with 100 SO if they go along with 650 slugging and 80 walks in the Charlotte park against AAA pitching. Joe got the first part down cold but the latter two are sadly lacking. Tendonitis or not, there is absolutely no reason to give Borchard benefit of the doubt at this point, and unless Borchard can post 850 OPS in the majors in his first coupla years, he is a bust in my book. He got paid like a franchise savior, now it's time for him to justify the effin' hype.

Did I mention I like Willie Harris?

FWIW, Borchard is strking out in 17% of his at bats this year as opposed to 32% last year. He only has 3 BB and that is a concern. I think his lack of power is due to his wrist injury.

Note, Borchard hit fine in a pitchers park in Birmingham.

On a semi-related note, notice he hasn't done much since he has been under Greg Walker. I do know there were several players last year in Charlotte that didn't like Walker or at least felt he wasn't able to help them.