Exorcism of Emily Rose

s***....

I am sorry if someone already posted this (I haven't seen any, but idk for sure), but that movie was scary as hell. (no pun intended)

Horror movies usually don't get to me so I thought I'd see this, damn...I was on edge during the movie, and it was one of those movies that lingers in your mind after you see the thing.

Well, anyways, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Edited by 1549

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
I was very curious to see it. I heard most of the film takes place in a courtroom. Still scary though, huh?

Meh...it was alright...you can tell they didnt have a huge budget because a lot of the film takes part in the courtroom. And there are only a few different sets used during the entire film.

There are a few freaky/jump out of your seat scary parts. It's worth a viewing.

QUOTE(1549 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
s***....

I am sorry if someone already posted this (I haven't seen any, but idk for sure), but that movie was scary as f***.

Horror movies usually don't get to me so I thought I'd see this, damn...I was on edge during the movie, and it was one of those movies that lingers in your mind after you see the thing.

Well, anyways, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
From a few people i heard it was scary, and from others i heard that it sucked. I haven't seen it though.

I'm the type that don't find horror movies scary at all.

I think it depends on your views on that type of situation. I believe that type of super natural s*** exists. So natuarlly, that movie scared the s*** out of me.

It's loosely based on a true story. Pretty much everything that happens to the girl did really happen. The film of course exagerates some of it. But she did eat bugs & experience weird contortionist fits. She was not a contortionist.

The main differences are:

1) Germany. The film chooses IL.

2) The priest & parents were found guilty. Served about 6 months. The film choose to just convict the priest & shorten the sentence to time served.

3) The doctor who witnessed the event did not die in a car accident.

What I thought the film lacked was a journey into Emily Rose's mind. There lies the potential for great special effects sequences featuring horrific evil & a personification of the demon that possesed her. Something we've yet to see in an exorcism film. Maybe they'll figure that out in a sequel.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
I was very curious to see it. I heard most of the film takes place in a courtroom. Still scary though, huh?

Lawyers don't scare you? :bang

Anyway, I saw it and thought it was alright. nothing special. I saw it at a drive-in, so you don't really get the jump out of your seat moments. I would recommend it on DVD.