Sox v. Twins Official Game Thread 9/24/05

bjm676

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Depends on what he's offered at the end of the year.  If Anaheim offers him $15 million a year for 5 years, is he a good value then?

Yes. I'd be willing to give Konerko up to ~$18 million, but past that, im not sure about it.

He adds some sort of fear to our lineup, something Tracy, Overbay, or Gload dont do. He is the rock of the lineup, and I see no reason to be stingy in paying him.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Yes.  I'd be willing to give Konerko up to ~$18 million, but past that, im not sure about it.

He adds some sort of fear to our lineup, something Tracy, Overbay, or Gload dont do.  He is the rock of the lineup, and I see no reason to be stingy in paying him.

18 million a year?

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
Yes.  I'd be willing to give Konerko up to ~$18 million, but past that, im not sure about it.

He adds some sort of fear to our lineup, something Tracy, Overbay, or Gload dont do.  He is the rock of the lineup, and I see no reason to be stingy in paying him.

H. Christ. I don't think I'd pay that for Manny right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
18 million a year?

Considering the market which is available for the Sox if Konerko walks, yes. He's a good 40 HR hitter a year, something which isnt going to be available at 1b in the FA market for many years to come.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Great start by Garcia.  Take him out though, no reason for him to stay in.

Im not sure, I think that keeping him in might give him some confidence, since he has dominated this game.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Considering the market which is available for the Sox if Konerko walks, yes.  He's a good 40 HR hitter a year, something which isnt going to be available at 1b in the FA market for many years to come.

Thank God you're not the GM. That would be one of the worst contracts given out in MLB history

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
Considering the market which is available for the Sox if Konerko walks, yes.  He's a good 40 HR hitter a year, something which isnt going to be available at 1b in the FA market for many years to come.

I wouldn't pay him more than 12 per. period