Sox v. Twins Official Game Thread 9/24/05

bjm676

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
I don't mind if we get the WC at all. As long as we get in the playoffs, that's all that matters to me. Besides, i want to see this team play more on the road.

Man...if we can't get ourselves up to win a game when the Cell is full AND it's a playoff game...

Good pitch Freddo.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Fathom ...  :D

I am gonna print and frame this comment, I tend to agree.  I want badly for the White Sox to win the division though.  I still think it will happen.

Garcia needs to maintain his focus here, this game is not over.

Jim....My whole philosophy all season has been you play 162 games to make the playoffs. If you don't make it, the season was a failure. I don't care how big our lead was, the Indians are playing at an all-world level. As long as we're in the playoffs, we have our chance to show that we're the better team.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
We better win the division.  I've been eyeing the Cards gear on MLB.com.  The Divison winner stuff is NICE.  I'd love to blow some money on the Sox.

My 2000 Division T Shirt still gets some good usage. It tends to appear on Geology field trips on either the Friday or the Saturday of the trip. The other day is my "Cubs Suck" shirt from one of the interleague games back in 99.

Nice double play. Very nice Freddo.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Jim....My whole philosophy all season has been you play 162 games to make the playoffs.  If you don't make it, the season was a failure.  I don't care how big our lead was, the Indians are playing at an all-world level.  As long as we're in the playoffs, we have our chance to show that we're the better team.

And no matter what anyone else thinks...if Freddy and Buehrle can get it together...we will be the better team no matter who we're facing.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
BOS wins 4-3

f***ing bulls***.

Lopez hit a liner hard to the warning track, but, RIGHT in the track of Trot Nixon.

Yuck. There's more Boston fans there then Oriole fans. Piss me off so much.

I still get laughs thinking about IlliniKrush, snb, and me hearing 'em still talking about the 'bloody sock'... :rolly

If you don't make it, the season was a failure. As long as we're in the playoffs, we have our chance to show that we're the better team.

I agree.

Wait until you get to my age. Even making the playoffs is not enough, as tough as it is to make the playoffs in baseball. It is an extremely difficult accomplishment.

I want the whole thing, the World Series title. Not just making it, the World Series title.

I have a brother in law who is a huge Braves fan, he lives in Chattanooga. The Braves make the playoffs every year, but he is frustrated ... one World Series title in his lifetime, despite being in the playoffs 13 times in a row. I keep telling him "at least you have one" but he wants more, and with 13 times in the playoffs in a row I can certainly understand why.

That's why I say, one step at a time. Win one series at a time, and when it is time to step on the gas ... do it. This team does not know how to win yet. I'm hoping against hope that having an extremely hot team on their tail will teach them how to get it done, how to win.

DJ just says, "put the petal to the metal, get that good feeling and keep it going".

He's right.