Sox vs. Twinkies Game Thread 9-25-05

sox-r-us

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Ozzie is hurting the team by being stubborn and leaving Everett in the order.  BTW...I'm not blaming Ozzie for this.  He's trying to stick with his veterans, but Everett is just a liability that is showing no effort to try and do better.

Not saying he shouldnt' be benched, but Ozzie could just be trying to give him a chance to work out of it. He didn't bench Konerko or Dye earlier this season when they were in funks like this.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Ozzie is hurting the team by being stubborn and leaving Everett in the order.  BTW...I'm not blaming Ozzie for this.  He's trying to stick with his veterans, but Everett is just a liability that is showing no effort to try and do better.

I agree, but it might be a good gamble, because if Carl gets hot in the playoffs we're a different team. Risk/rewardd I guess.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Not saying he shouldnt' be benched, but Ozzie could just be trying to give him a chance to work out of it.  He didn't bench Konerko or Dye earlier this season when they were in funks like this.

Because there were also no legit replacements on the team at the time. Also, he knew he was going to need those two for the entire season. Right now, Ozzie should be taking this one game at a time.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
That's an amazing hop.  Bounced straight up off the front of 3rd base.  I don't know if I've ever seen that.

Looks like something that would have happened to the Sox at the Twinkie Dome in extra innings with a man on 2nd, and would prevent the Sox from scoring. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
Because there were also no legit replacements on the team at the time.  Also, he knew he was going to need those two for the entire season.  Right now, Ozzie should be taking this one game at a time.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=40436

Vote. What should Ozzie do?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Quick managerial suggestion:  With the loaded bench the Twins have, you have to either keep Buehrle in this entire game or go to Cotts if he needs help.  A righty pitcher will just end up with Mauer, Jones, and Morneau batting.

Yah, but I doubt Gardenhire even bothers to be real honest. Maybe if they are down 1.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
Quick managerial suggestion:  With the loaded bench the Twins have, you have to either keep Buehrle in this entire game or go to Cotts if he needs help.  A righty pitcher will just end up with Mauer, Jones, and Morneau batting.

Well, as it stands now it would be a save situation in the 9th.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
I actually went with Borchard.  I wouldn't mind seeing Joe get some at-bats with his power potential.

That said, you really need to straighten Carl out come playoff time.  It's a tough call.

I think I went w/Timo because it's the more realistic choice. Of course, I would have liked to see the trio of Gload/Borchard/Anderson get some ABs in the last few weeks. I would like to see Anderson get a start vs Robertson in Detroit.