Largest Anti-War Protest

Texsox

Of course she's a radical...which is one of the reasons I don't personally want to follow her cause...it's a cute story, but I disagree with her on too many topics. But then again...it's fully within her rights as an American to be stupid, to advocate stupid policies, and to do so very loudly and very obnoxiously.

And well, if that op-ed wants to complain about how the media isn't giving full coverage to how crazy some of her views are, let's go back and see how much coverage the media gave to how insane Bushco's statements about the Iraqi WMD were before the war.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to understand the Op-Ed piece. If the media reported all her ideas from global warming to the federal deficit, wouldn't they we accused of too much coverage to someone who isn't an expert in any of this? I put that on the same level as Streinsand and global warming. I would not read an article on Sheehan's views on Domestic Terrorism.

How dare someone have her hair done before appearing on the news?

Look, I'm pretty sure the people who are posting this crap vilifying Cindy Sheehan don't realize that this is just an effort to discredit Democrat and Liberal groups who oppose the administration's efforts in Iraq.

Unfortunately that seems to be the way the world works these days. Someone angry and directly affected by the war and President Bush's policies decides to take action. Groups trying to discredit the President co-opt her message. She goes along because her message gets out. But these groups use her to deliver their message at her expense.

Other groups see this message gaining momentum. In an effort to shore up their possibly indefensible message, they choose to vilify the original exploited messenger.

The result? Nothing. A lot of people b****, and one person who actually gave a s*** has her life basically turned into a circus.

You know what the truth of the situation. Cindy Sheehan is dumb and doesn't understand. Move On - dumb and doesn't understand. Matt Drudge - dumb and doesn't understand. Rush Limbaugh - see previous. Administration - ditto.

How dare someone have her hair done before appearing on the news?

Look, I'm pretty sure the people who are posting this crap vilifying Cindy Sheehan don't realize that this is just an effort to discredit Democrat and Liberal groups who oppose the administration's efforts in Iraq.

Unfortunately that seems to be the way the world works these days. Someone angry and directly affected by the war and President Bush's policies decides to take action. Groups trying to discredit the President co-opt her message. She goes along because her message gets out. But these groups use her to deliver their message at her expense.

Other groups see this message gaining momentum. In an effort to shore up their possibly indefensible message, they choose to vilify the original exploited messenger.

The result? Nothing. A lot of people b****, and one person who actually gave a s*** has her life basically turned into a circus.

You know what the truth of the situation. Cindy Sheehan is dumb and doesn't understand. Move On - dumb and doesn't understand. Matt Drudge - dumb and doesn't understand. Rush Limbaugh - see previous. Administration - ditto.

I disagree. As it plays out the Dem & liberal groups as well as the messenger are painted as being more radical & extreme in thinking. This only helps in giving moderates another reason to vote for conservatives.

What I find of interest the most in all this is that it appears the Dems & liberals in general have lost enough credibility with the American people of late to where they have to rally behind any newsworthy person regardless of circumstance or background just to get their message heard.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
I disagree.  As it plays out the Dem & liberal groups as well as the messenger are painted as being more radical & extreme in thinking. This only helps in giving moderates another reason to vote for conservatives.

What I find of interest the most in all this is that it appears the Dems & liberals in general have lost enough credibility with the American people of late to where they have to rally behind any newsworthy person regardless of circumstance or background just to get their message heard.

Are there really any serious democrats rallying around her, and what you don't think George has lost credibility among the American people?

Rove On The Anti-War Movement: Cindy Sheehan is a clown. There is no real anti-war movement. No serious politician, with anything to do with anything, would show his face at an anti-war rally...

http://search.huffingtonpost.com/mt/mt-sea...earch=karl+rove

Democrats don't seem to have enough balls to do anything that would risk them losing their credibility, that's why they're stuck with their 49% of the popular vote.

Edited by KipWellsFan

George doesn't count. He's serving his 2nd term. All that counts is the impact he has on local elections of senators & house members. Those are driven mostly by local issues & the GOP seems to have the upper hand.

As for GOP represenatives & senators from the great state of Texas has any of this stuff really hurt their re-election bids? I doubt it.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Are there really any serious democrats rallying around her, and what you don't think George has lost credibility among the American people?

http://search.huffingtonpost.com/mt/mt-sea...earch=karl+rove

Democrats don't seem to have enough balls to do anything that would risk them losing their credibility, that's why they're stuck with their 49% of the popular vote.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=politics&id=3382521

Both sides have people involved in the background, trying to keep themselves out of the limelight. From the article...

Current Democratic National Party Chair Howard Dean's organization Democracy for America is also involved, as is the more radical anti-war group Code Pink organized by San Francisco's Medea Benjamin

and

The caravan is getting a lot of help from MoveAmericaForward.org. It's a non-profit organization co-chaired by former state assemblyman Howard Koologian. Koologian is a Republican who takes credit for launching the recall against Governor Gray Davis. His co-chair is KSFO Radio talk show host Melanie Morgan. The group's PR firm is led by a veteran California political strategist and the firm claims clients running from a county supervisor to President of the United States.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
So if she's protesting the president and you say it doesn't matter. Maybe she's acting on her conscience, God forbid?

Geez, that would be downright principled.

If she was so principled, she would have refused help from those that would just cheapen her message, such as Move-on, etc. THAT would have been the principled thing to do. She may have started off there, but she has since gone on a journey that will leave her a bitter old woman for the rest of her life, with little or no respect from a LOT of people.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Is Dean still involved with DFA?

no

Originally founded by former Vermont governor, presidential-nomination candidate, and current Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean, the organization is now chaired by his brother, Jim Dean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_for_America

In February 2005 Governor Dean resigned from the leadership of DFA to chair the Democratic National Committee.

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/aboutdfa.php

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
Just because he resigned leadership, doesn't mean he isn't involved anymore...

True and I sent the group an e-mail yesterday about his involvement. I have no idea whether I'll get any kind of response though. If and when they respond you'll hear about it.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
George doesn't count.  He's serving his 2nd term.  All that counts is the impact he has on local elections of senators & house members.  Those are driven mostly by local issues & the GOP seems to have the upper hand. 

As for GOP represenatives & senators from the great state of Texas has any of this stuff really hurt their re-election bids?  I doubt it.

Of course it hasn't hurt them in Texas...Tom Delay's mid-session Redistricting locked all of the Republican Congressmen in that state into districts that are as safe as humanly possible.

Sheehan meets with McCain and then calls him a warmonger. :wacko:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...an-mccain_x.htm

"He is a warmonger, and I'm not," Sheehan said after meeting with McCain. "I believe this war is not keeping America safer."

more at link

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
Of course it hasn't hurt them in Texas...Tom Delay's mid-session Redistricting locked all of the Republican Congressmen in that state into districts that are as safe as humanly possible.

Actually mid-decade would be more appropriate and accurate. After both parties agreed to a map, two years later DeLay orchestrated the redistricting, something that had never been done before. :wub: Don't you want a strong leader that would press any advantage that America has? He's get Bin Laden before lunch, lower gas prices, and cure male pattern baldness.

If Hammer needed two wins the final week, he's have 3 before the week started and an agreement for a 4th, if necessary.

This woman also said that Bush has to pull the military out of occupied New Orleans.

Drudge Report

I really don't know how accurate this is, but it seems about right.

This is just some other radical that has latched on for a ride on the popularity train.

Joe McCarthy did the same thing. He never actually cared about communism, he just liked being in the spotlight so he dragged a whole nation down with him.

This is another demonstration of the silent majority. A lot of people in the country support Bush, they just aren't on the radio or in movies and don't bother to skip their jobs to show it.

And wasn't this the same woman who supported the war when it started? I can't find where I read that.

QUOTE(G&T @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
This woman also said that Bush has to pull the military out of occupied New Orleans.

Drudge Report

I really don't know how accurate this is, but it seems about right.

This is just some other radical that has latched on for a ride on the popularity train.

Joe McCarthy did the same thing. He never actually cared about communism, he just liked being in the spotlight so he dragged a whole nation down with him.

This is another demonstration of the silent majority. A lot of people in the country support Bush, they just aren't on the radio or in movies and don't bother to skip their jobs to show it.

And wasn't this the same woman who supported the war when it started? I can't find where I read that.

That is accurate, its in this huffingtonpost.com blog of hers but I can't find it