A Poll you should take.

Rex Kickass

You have two choices in your immediate career.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. You have two choices in your immediate career.

• I would stay at the job I'm at, even though I'm not happy with it so far. But the potential to make six figures is there, possibly within three years. However, it doesn't quite cover the bills today. With this job you drive 700 miles a week.
    • I would go back to a job I used to have, which I didn't much like, but I know pays the bills sooner. I don't have the passion for this industry like I have the passion for the other industry. With this job you drive 350 miles a week.

I'd take the one that pays the bills now, with half the driving.

A lot of s*** can happen in three years to derail that potential for 6 figures.

But my view is slightly tainted by the driving thing - I absolutely HATE driving anymore. Even tonight, when I get off work at 2:30 am, there are going to be WAY too f***ing many dips***s on the streets.

Need 1 more detail...when you say you cannot quite cover the bills now with that other job...is there anything you can do to fill in the gaps? Eat into some savings? Something other than putting them on a credit card with a 20% interest rate? 2nd job as a Walmart greeter or something?

If all you can do is go into debt and pay stifling interest rates...then whatever else you might earn in the future might just be eaten up in interest payments.

If you could do that, i'd go with the first one. But with interest rates going up...right now is not a good time to start going into debt.

I was in a situation where I was making good money but was miserable. I just didn't want to do that everyday. I quit and went back to school and am now doing something I like but at far less money, which sucks, but I'm happy and have to keep my eyes open for more opportunities in my field.

Ultimately it comes down to what you value and what will make you truly happy. Is it money? Is it a job that you have a passion for regardless of what it pays?

If you ask me, I say choice A, stick it out.

You know exactly where choice B leads, you've been down that road.

At least choice A has a nice potential upside. I'm not sure how old you are, but for me, 3 years doesn't seem like a painfully long period of time.

No risk and no sacrifice = no reward.