Rick White

CWSOX45

White Sox starters besides Colon are not gonna make a habit of going really deep into ballgames. With this in mind you would think JM and KW together would be able to get together and realize this means we need a good middle reliever. The way I see our bullpen we have:

Glover: Long Relief

White: Middle Relief

Sanders: Middle Relief

Flash: Righty Setup

Wunsch: Lefty Setup

Marte: Closer

Koch: When we are either losing or winning by more than 5

We are pretty good right now at setup and at closer. The problem is when a starter goes just 5 or 6 innings. Then it is up to these middle relief guys to get it to the 8th inning. Sanders is young and left handed so the majority of these innings are going to go to White. This is when we lose ballgames, even games where we do score runs in the late innings. White has got to go.

I don't know how many times this happen for people to realize RICK WHITE SUCKS. I can't analyze it anymore, i'll just leave it at that and hope he's not pitching anytime in the near future when we are within 10 runs either way

I knew he sucked after the first series of the year, it's not like we have anything else to talk about though since the White Sox never score any runs.

CWSOX45

I didn't see today's game, but obviously White wasn't very effective. When we signed him, I made several negative posts and said that he creates line drives whenever he appears. I saw a lot of him last year in the National League, and it wasn't very pretty. Maybe the Cardinals will take him back. I would much rather have Foulke and Joe Valentine, myself.

I didn't see today's game, but obviously White wasn't very effective.  When we signed him, I made several negative posts and said that he creates line drives whenever he appears.  I saw a  lot of him last year in the National League, and it wasn't very pretty.  Maybe the Cardinals will take him back.  I would much rather have Foulke and Joe Valentine, myself.

Hell who around here wouldn't?? Botch and White are terrible!!!

CWSOX45

I don't want to defend the guy, but the guy only pitches once or twice a week..he said it himself a few weeks ago that its hard to get into a groove when you don't pitch on a regular basis..Although White seems more of a 2nd half pitcher...struggles a bit the first half of the season, but picks it up the 2nd half...

and besides..the last 22 innings of last year posted a 0.82 era

and in 2001 posted a 3.88 era in 70 innings

and in 2000 posted a 3.52 era in nearly 100 innings

So I think by the end of the year, everything will even out..era of 4.oo, but it is a bit tough him sucking in these games early on..like I said, maybe we should do the opposite, instead when he struggles put him back in there the next game..give him so regularity..

That has been a serious problem with our relief corp. They come in and can't get the first batter out and/or they walk people and then give up the long ball. I don't see White throwing that bad. The fastball clocked at 93 or so and he seemed to have a good curve. He's just not consistent with hitting the spots.