Clinch in Detroit!!!

DaGame

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
They should start sanders one game if it was clinched by then. Just for s***s and giggles...

Considering that the games next wknd will almost definitely impact the playoffs one way or another, I doubt we'd see a game without a legit starter. Duque would likely get the ball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
Considering that the games next wknd will almost definitely impact the playoffs one way or another, I doubt we'd see a game without a legit starter.  Duque would likely get the ball.

You said legit starter, so why give it to hernandez? :P

QUOTE(DaGame2584 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
Do you think hte Sox would put him on the Playoff Roster? I mean that why is was signed for right?

He'll be on the playoff roster but no where near the rotation. If we make it of course.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(DaGame2584 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Do you think hte Sox would put him on the Playoff Roster? I mean that why is was signed for right?

If the Sox only carry 11 pitchers, which is what most teams do in the playoffs, I can't see how they'd carry him.

4 starters

BMac

Politte

Cotts

Hermanson

Jenks

Marte

Viz

That's 11. So 1 of those would have to leave for us to carry El Duque. Unless Ozzie carries 12 pitchers into the playoffs?

QUOTE(winodj @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
2 wins clinches a tie for a playoff spot. 3 wins clinches at least the Wild Card.

Best possible Yankee / Bo Sox records after sweeping their next series would be 94 wins going into the weekend.

Best 1-2 finish 95 and 96 wins. 96 wins assures staying ahead of at least one of them. 2 to clinch.

AL E winner 96-66

AL runner up 95-67

Any wins added to the winner subtracts from the runner up. And the runner up is who we need to stay ahead of.

Still looks like two to clinch to me. SHow me how the Yankees AND the Red Sox could end up with 96 or more wins??

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
Best possible Yankee / Bo Sox records after sweeping their next series would be 94 wins going into the weekend.

Best 1-2 finish 95 and 96 wins. 96 wins assures staying ahead of at least one of them. 2 to clinch.

AL E winner 96-66

AL runner up 95-67

Any wins added to the winner subtracts from the runner up. And the runner up is who we need to stay ahead of.

Still looks like two to clinch to me. SHow me how the Yankees AND the Red Sox could end up with 96 or more wins??

Tex, I said this in the other thread you posted that scenario in as well. Your math is a bit off cause the bosox and yankees each have 7 games left not 6.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
Tex, I said this in the other thread you posted that scenario in as well.  You're math is a bit off cause the bosox and yankees each have 7 games left not 6.

Oops, I had them with 65 loses, thank you.

QUOTE(DaGame2584 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
I hope we can finish this thing of in Detroit right in front of that prick  :puke Magglio.

I guess you will never change companies or want to earn more money than what your present company will pay you?

:lolhitting Ohh mommy, Johnny broke up with me, he's such a prick. boo hoo.

Maggs played his ass off in a Sox uniform.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
I guess you will never change companies or want to earn more money than what your present company will pay you?

:lolhitting Ohh mommy, Johnny broke up with me, he's such a prick. boo hoo.

Maggs played his ass off in a Sox uniform.

Yea I know the Sox only offered him 60-70 mil(Don't remember), man they were really ripping him off.

Poor Poor :crying Magglio :crying

QUOTE(DaGame2584 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Yea I know the Sox only offered him 60-70 mil(Don't remember), man they were really ripping him off.

Poor Poor  :crying Magglio :crying

And he's a prick for wanting to go somewhere else? :lolhitting grow.the.f***.up.newbie

Are the players that come TO the Sox as free agents pricks as well? :bang Or are they only pricks when you want to act like a jilted lover?