Attendance.

Rex Kickass

huge increase in attendence this season and assuming we hold the division lead no reason for it not to continue to go up next season. If we do indeed lose the division It will be really bad for attendence next year... even if we do make wildcard.

A course a run in the playoffs would help 2 or a 0-3 losing would really hurt. But for this season a lot I thought it was a great improvement.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
huge increase in attendence this season and assuming we hold the division lead no reason for it not to continue to go up next season.  If we do indeed lose the division It will be really bad for attendence next year... even if we do make wildcard.

A course a run in the playoffs would help 2 or a 0-3 losing would really hurt.  But for this season a lot I thought it was a great improvement.

Disagree, people don't remember how you got into the playoffs, they just remember what you do in the playoffs and that you made it.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
there good now but what happens when the team slumps worries me

Building loyal fans isn't done overnight. Kids who are 10 today will be fans for life if the sox can make a run in the playoffs. If they follow it up with an exciting product next season, more casual fans will join in. Attendance would have been higher, but the sox picked the end of the season to slump. Any casual fans probably had less reason to go to the games as a result.

Thanks to all you soxtalkers who have made trips to the park this year KW should have some money to spend in the offseason. :cheers

I'm off the ledge for now. Thanks BMac, Jose, Freddy, & MB. Cancel the paramedics for me.

Hawk said that this year's attendance ranked 4th in the history of the park, I think, perhaps White Sox history period. Either way, that number is a little distorted because of the 8 or so thousand seats they removed at the top of the upper deck. Given the 18 sell-outs at the Cell this year, the Sox mighta drawn around another 140 thousand if those seats were there.

I went to 23 games this year and have tickets for one more....ALDS game 2, so I did my part.

If it wasnt for our late collapse it could of even been better but losing turned a lot of fans off this last month. Still its something to look forward too. Although if this Cleveland team is legit we got a lot of work to do this off-season to make sure this team can contend with them.

Edited by SoxFan101

someone said it best, there will always be the same 20k or so diehards that show up, even if they're the only ones there, they make enough noise to make it feel like 30k.

With every game that was over 20k, you made a few more diehards in the process. So as the years go on and this becomes a pattern, the 20k diehards will soon become 30k.

:headbang for sox fans

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
It will be interesting to see JRs reasoning for not adding payroll this year, let's hope he does!!!

i know i'm quoting myself, but when i read that it was a tad harsh on JR... I think the numbers prove out he's added payroll the last few years, what i meant specifically was the PK situation and how that is handled, or an extension for Garland

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
It will be interesting to see JRs reasoning for not adding payroll this year, let's hope he does!!!

Not only a big attendance increase, but how many of 18 sell-outs were at premium ticket prices i would say a majority were and that increase per seat in total revenue adds up quickly.I want NO excuses from KW or JR at all in offseason as far as money to resign players or spend to upgrade team :gosoxretro:

Edited by Soxfest