If we can hold on, who do you want in the ALDS?

If the Sox can hang on, who do you want to play in the playoffs?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If the Sox can hang on, who do you want to play in the playoffs?

• Yankees (as of their record now, we will play them if they get the wild card, and we win the Central, or if they win the east and we get the wild card)
    • Anaheim (we will play them if the indians get the wild card)
    • Boston (same as yankees scenario)
    • Oakland (same as anaheim's, unless they somehow catch cleveland)

None of the teams are that great, but they all have dangerous lineups.

My friend has yankees playoff tickets, so I'd get to go with him if we play the yankees...that would be sweet.

I don't know, I think the Angels or Boston would be easier to take down.

I want Boston. They're pitching is brutal. All of their hopes of advancing are pinned on a guy who's still recovering from ankle surgery, and they've been less than stellar recently. Their lineup will probably single-handedly win them one game, but I have a hard time seeing them win low scoring games, especially since suspect pitching can make their pen an even bigger problem. I'd love to see it because I'm so sick of hearing how great they are after winning it last year.

The Yankees would be my next choice despite the fact that they are playing better now. Their lineup doesn't seem to produce quite as well as Boston's, and their pitching is still not the greatest. Johnson has been on and off, and Mussina has only been decent when healthy. I don't think they get good performances from both of them. Plus their pen is really thin, with only Rivera and Gordon performing well. They can also be burned with a bad outing or two from the starters.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Is it wrong to want both the Red Sox and Yankees to get in cause we know they will bring in a large television audiance and thus making the post season be all that much special around the nation with the Whitesox being part of that talk. I mean we would have the 5 biggest media markets if the Astros get in then.

QUOTE(kwill @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Is it wrong to want both the Red Sox and Yankees to get in cause we know they will bring in a large television audiance and thus making the post season be all that much special around the nation with the Whitesox being part of that talk. I mean we would have the 5 biggest media markets if the Astros get in then.

If that was the case, the White Sox would be a bug on the windshield of ESPN and Fox's postseason packages.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
If that was the case, the White Sox would be a bug on the windshield of ESPN and Fox's postseason packages.

Hello Fox Family channel

Quite frankly, all of them scare me. New York has played crazy good baseball since about August, Boston's offense is just ridiculously scary and they are a better team in Fenway than us, and a better team in USCF than us, and Anaheim/Oakland have that whole west coast voodoo s***.

f*** it, they all scare me equally...give me any of em.