The age old tearing down the goal post question...

There is a question plaguing many at Rutgers...

Friday Pitt is coming to town. Our program is off to a 2-1 start, has a lot of talent building and we are finally trying to break out.

So Pitt was a big game on the schedule...Does there collapse and fall in the standings mean that this is no longer a goal post game?

Many say tear them down...the traditionalists say "the school that invented college football does not tear down goal posts"

I say Pitt is still a big enough game, just because they are Pitt and we are Rutgers.

What do you guys think? What does it take to bring those b****es down?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 04:19 AM)
I say Pitt absolutely sucks and tearing down the goalposts against them for any program would be embarrasing unless your clinching a championship.

Pitt is two plays from being 3-1...

But I see what you are saying, their name is not what it was a month ago

QUOTE(1549 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
Pitt is two plays from being 3-1...

But I see what you are saying, their name is not what it was a month ago

Maybe, but they haven't beaten a Division 1-A opponent yet. Come on now they lost to Ohio, that alone makes tearing the goal posts for beating Pitt stupid.

If you tear down the goalposts after beating "Death Spiral Dave"'s team...there's something wrong with you.

I still like the Purdue solution...after that run to the Rose Bowl with Brees...they had their engineering department redesign the goalposts. They haven't come down since.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 05:28 AM)
If you tear down the goalposts after beating "Death Spiral Dave"'s team...there's something wrong with you.

I still like the Purdue solution...after that run to the Rose Bowl with Brees...they had their engineering department redesign the goalposts.  They haven't come down since.

They had to because those f***ing idiot students threw it in the Wabash.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
They had to because those f***ing idiot students threw it in the Wabash.

I was at a northwestern game where they threw them off the top of the stadium. It was pretty cool. Now some schools have designed goalposts that collapse right away so that students dont get hurt. Im in the other school of thought-make them deadly, put some barbed wire on it. Electrify those puppies.