Michigan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(1549 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
For the record, I am not seriously promoting going out and intentionally injuring Stanton.

If he does sprain an ankle or something, I would be relieved.  But I think its wrong to hurt players on purpose.  Especially for Michigan...we are the class of the big ten.  Leave choking to the team from that state to the south.

It's a different team...John L has them ready...can you say blow out for the Spartans!

QUOTE(The Bones @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:45 AM)
I'm not so much upset that every team in the conference doesn't play each other, but I'm more bothered the fact that the schedules are unfair to some teams as a result. For example, Wisconsin doesn't have to play Ohio State or Michigan State. However, Minnesota doesn't have to play Illinois or Northwestern. That is a big difference in schedule strength.

Or what if Michigan State/Ohio State and Wisconsin go undefeated in the Big Ten? I doubt it will happen but how could you determine a true Big Ten Champion? You can't without having the 2 teams play each other.

But the problem is the same even with 12 teams and a championship game. One of the teams in the championship game can easily be there because their schedule was easier.

FWIW, the schedules are never fair, but they are done on a rotation system and it is known a few years ahead of time how they will go. So there is some randomness/luck to it, since some teams do peak and valley in the standings.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
where is the logic in saying that Jason Avant isn't the best receiver in the Big Ten.  HE IS!  watch the games this year.

Did I say that? I dont remeber saying that.

I think you relplied to the wrong post.

And yes, you said that OSU is in question and IOWA may beat michigan. OSU beat the crap out of IOWA, the had negative 20 yards rushing, and absolutely killed their defense. The score would have been higher but 3 td's were fumbles on the goaline or called back. Your logic is flawed because of your opinions and not facts.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
Did I say that?  I dont remeber saying that.

I think you relplied to the wrong post. 

And yes, you said that OSU is in question and IOWA may beat michigan.  OSU beat the crap out of IOWA, the had negative 20 yards rushing, and absolutely killed their defense.  The score would have been higher but 3 td's were fumbles on the goaline or called back.  Your logic is flawed because of your opinions and not facts.

I said that, not him. If you would've read my reply you would've known. I think Michigan is going to lose only 1 more game in the Big Ten and Ohio State has the best shot at being that 1 game. If they lose a second I think it's going to be to Iowa. OK people?

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
ok they did. And considering Sparty had the best offense in the nation besides USC IMHO holding them to 31 points is damn good. Look MSU's defense sucked. They have no pass defense so Michigan was pretty much able to pass the ball whenever they wanted to. They also don't have much of a run defense and that's not good against Mike Hart.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
It doesn't surprise me. I'm a Spartan fan but no John L Smith fan. I got a little swept up with the 4-0 start but the truth is, MSU finishes 7-5 and loses their bowl game again.

Because John LLLLL Smith never seems to get it done in the really big games.

What about Notre Dame?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
I guess things turned out differently than you thought huh?  What did you just think that Sparty was gonna go in there and blow them out?

No, I was actually passed out like half of the school. I spent a good 24 hours drunk, I couldn't even drink tonight. Woke up for the OT, it happens. Too bad too, we have no defense, I don't know what else to say. 0-3 vs them now since I've been here.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
No, I was actually passed out like half of the school. I spent a good 24 hours drunk, I couldn't even drink tonight. Woke up for the OT, it happens. Too bad too, we have no defense, I don't know what else to say. 0-3 vs them now since I've been here.

school shouldn't be all about education. Anyways i think that it was an exciting game and im sorry if i came off sounding rude. I was just so sick of everyone writting off Michigan.

Josh, you defended Michigan fairly. You went out on a limb basically calling everyone that assumed Michigan's demise nuts.

I felt all of that was over the top as well, but beyond my promise that Michigan would not lose to Iowa, I didn't stick my neck out like you did.

Enjoy the rest of what will turn out to be a typical Wolverines season - lose early, play well the rest of the year after national title hopes are gone.

The game I found interesting was Penn St.-Minnesota. I can see Minny having a bit of a letdown after the huge win over Purdue last weekend, but I never thought Penn State could handle them that bad. I guess back to back games against Ohio State and Michigan will really tell us how far they have come. With Alabama and Penn St. both having big wins Saturday, it makes you wonder if there aren't some ghosts of college football traditions past pulling some strings this year.

Lastly, how big will the game in South Bend be in two weeks?? Charlie Weis becomes an instant hero/legend if he can find a way to pull that one off.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
What about Notre Dame?

If you've ever gone to East Lansing, you'd know that it doesn't matter how well or bad Michigan plays - it's the game to win.

Although ND is a big team, I don't consider it a big game because it didn't have Big Ten or Bowl implications for the Spartans.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
If you've ever gone to East Lansing, you'd know that it doesn't matter how well or bad Michigan plays - it's the game to win.

Although ND is a big team, I don't consider it a big game because it didn't have Big Ten or Bowl implications for the Spartans.

Ya weren't here last year then...the ND game is a huge game. Nothing compares to the Michigan game, but ND is the other big game we play. The school was buzzing for the ND game this year, so I disagree. And yes, I've been to East Lansing. :D

It's been a couple years for me.... I worked tailgates during the Bobby Williams games for the radio station that carried the games. Maybe I was just tired at 7 AM and didn't notice.

My last football season in Lansing was firebobbywilliams.com season. I just remember the ND game being the one I thought Jeff Smoker fixed to pay off his Cocaine debts.

Yep, something along those lines. Here's how I see the rest of their schedule shaping up.

Sat., Oct. 1 at Michigan State* suprising win

Sat., Oct. 8 Minnesota* (HC) loss

Sat., Oct. 15 Penn State* win

Sat., Oct. 22 at Iowa* win

Sat., Oct. 29 at Northwestern* win

Sat., Nov. 12 Indiana* win

Sat., Nov. 19 Ohio State* loss

7-4

I'm still sticking with that, except I'm getting very nervous about picking Michigan over Penn State, they have some nasty athletes now.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
I'm still sticking with that, except I'm getting very nervous about picking Michigan over Penn State, they have some nasty athletes now.

i think they beat OSU. Penn St i don't know. They have always dominated Penn State. If they make a QB switch it's possible.