White Sox @ Tigers 9/26 Game Thread

AddisonStSox

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
They may have made a difference but they weren't clutch. Then again Dye hasn't been much for clutch this year. Might as well take him out after the 6th inning every game.

He did have a walk-off homer. And Dye's not the one who choked this inning, AJP was. He's always been undisciplined at the plate, but the last month or so has been laughable.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Ozzie probably remembered when Pods got the hit off Walker for the win in April in the same situation.

:(

That's gotta be it. But, this isn't Ozzie's fault. For crying out loud two veterans and they can't execute. Detroit has a Cy Young bullpen--- along with every other team we have played lately.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
They may have made a difference but they weren't clutch. Then again Dye hasn't been much for clutch this year. Might as well take him out after the 6th inning every game.

Oh wow. I tried to go to the splits to prove you wrong and his late inning numbers are AWFUL. wow.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
That's gotta be it. But, this isn't Ozzie's fault. For crying out loud two veterans and they can't execute. Detroit has a Cy Young bullpen--- along with every other team we have played lately.

i disagree, I think it's Ozzie's job to put his players in positions to succeed, and I think he did not do that with A.J.