White Sox @ Tigers 9/26 Game Thread

AddisonStSox

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Now we're going to hear story after story tonight about how he grew up in Chicago tonight.  Good for him, he's a good kid, and we deserved to lose this game.  OUR NUMBER 3 HITTER IS KILLING US!

Our club had the luxury of controlling their lead tonight. With a victory, and an obvious Indians offday, there was no need for scoreboard watching. They wet themselves. Numerous scoring opportunities were squandered.

As for Granderson, a UIC alumni, I enjoy watching him succeed. But I agree--you'll be hearing many quotes from him defeating the club he once watched while growing up in Blue Island.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
I wonder what Politte's stats are when pitching more than one inning.  It seems to me the only time he really gets knocked around is when he's left in for more than one inning.  Anyone else notice this?

In relief outings...pitches 1-15, opponents are hitting .182 against Mr. Politte with 6 home runs (prior to tonight).

In relief outings, pitches 15-30, opponents are hitting .138 against Mr. Politte with 0 home runs.

He has only faced 3 batters after going over 30 pitches thrown, and those are 1-3.

they both went to the bathroom

offical word is reporting that they both were number twos.

no information on the color, texture, or consistancy was disclosed.

however, the source said pudge ripped his asshole letting his drop.

he is day to day.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Well,  realistically,  I never thought we would sweep these guys.  The goal should be to take 3 of 4.  We've got a red hot McCarthy/Contreras going the next two nights,  and Freddy has pitched very well in Detroit as a member of the Sox.  I still think we're alright.

I, personally, would rather roll into Cleveland having to win at the most only one game. If we have to do anymore than that, I think we can write off the season. To hope for them to lose any, or more than one, against the Rays is nuts. We needed tonight. But when you are playing a team as good as the Tigers, I guess you have to expect to lose atleast one.

they both went to the bathroom

offical word is reporting that they both were number twos.

no information on the color, texture, or consistancy was disclosed.

however, the source said pudge ripped his asshole letting his drop.

he is day to day.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
In relief outings...pitches 1-15, opponents are hitting .182 against Mr. Politte with 6 home runs (prior to tonight).

In relief outings, pitches 15-30, opponents are hitting .138 against Mr. Politte with 0 home runs.

He has only faced 3 batters after going over 30 pitches thrown, and those are 1-3.

Thanks... hmm, I dunno what I was thinking. Maybe I was harkening back to last year or something :bang

My only complaint was no PH for AJ in that 8th. We had 2 catchers on the bench so that wouldn't be a problem. All we needed was a flyball.

Was upset Willie didn't try and steal off the great Vance Wilson as well but Rodney was quick to the plate. May of been tough to get a read.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
oh yeee of little faith

cleveland is going to get swept by tampa bay and we are going to win the next 3 vs de-friote

Thay might be the most optimistic post I have ever read! Do you go through everyday with a HUGE maniacle smile on your face? :D

I am so tired of always having one guy on the opposing team just kick the hell out of us. I mean we could all name at least one guy on each team in this league that just kick the sox asses everytime. What is it with this team?? Bad scouting or just bad pitching? Inge is good but for him to be a factor in everygame against us is rediculous. I mean wtf?? UGH :stick

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
I did say realistic.

August 12th @ Jacobs Field

Devil Rays 8 Indians 6

August 13th @ Jacobs Field

Devil Rays 8 Indians 2

August 14th @ Jacobs Field

Devil Rays 1 Indians 0

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
August 12th @ Jacobs Field

Devil Rays 8    Indians 6

August 13th @ Jacobs Field

Devil Rays 8    Indians 2

August 14th @ Jacobs Field

Devil Rays 1    Indians 0

The D-rays have been playing very good ball the last 2 months. I wouldn't be shokced to see them take 2 of 3 from the tribe, surprised, but not shocked.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
With that in mind and having 3 catchers on the roster, we can pinch hit for AJ.

But pinch hitting for AJ would have meant that we'd be inching closer to the unlikely event of possibly, maybe having to use the emergency catcher had the game gone another... oh, I don't know... 15 innings. It's a big no-no and one of the unwritten rules in baseball.

Well it was to be expected, we scored 3 runs, and last week the Royals scored 2 against them. Considering that the Royals hit better than our team thats pretty good that we were able to scrap together 3 runs against a great pitcher like Jason Johson.

Hopefully we put our hitting shoes on tomorrow so we can get a jump on Cy Robertson.

HOW CAN THIS TEAM NOT HIT A 4.63 ERA PITCHER.

Nothing like having men on 2nd and 3rd a few times in a game and not scoring any of them.