White Sox @ Tigers 9/26 Game Thread

AddisonStSox

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
Just listened to top of the 7th in my car, but is Everett so valuable that we can't have someone run for him in the 7th now?  Use your bench Ozzie, there's a reason for it.

Wouldn't have mattered. We would have just wasted a PR. On a DP.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Wouldn't have mattered. We would have just wasted a PR. On a DP.

According to Farmer...the only reason that was a double play is that Everett took off on a hit and run...Polanco was moving towards second early, and that put him in position to field the ball. If we didn't H&R, that ball might have gotten through.

In other words, it was just terrible luck.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
According to Farmer...the only reason that was a double play is that Everett took off on a hit and run...Polanco was moving towards second early, and that put him in position to field the ball.  If we didn't H&R, that ball might have gotten through.

In other words, it was just terrible luck.

Oh yah. Thats all it was. Crappy freakin luck. For the second time tonight. I'm tired of it. When do we get break after break like the Indians.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Oh yah. Thats all it was. Crappy freakin luck. For the second time tonight. I'm tired of it. When do we get break after break like the Indians.

Haven't the Tigers made a lot of hard outs also tonight? And I don't think Indians fans today are thinking how lucky they are after the Sun Fiasco.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
True, but that's just using hindsight.  It's the type of change I'd like to see him make late in the game to possibly squeak us out a run, etc.

IF it were the ninth he would ahve definately been PR for, and Aaron would have definately bunted for a sac instead of a base hit.

I'm just tired of two bad luck plays on hit and runs.