Indians Chatter

Texsox

Sometimes I think all fans (except Yankmees) are the same. The Indian fan sites are more worried about staying in the WC chase than winning the division. The popular scenario is the Sox having wrapped up the division, resting starting pitching to set up the rotation, and the Tribe having an easier time to sweep and grabbing the WC.

Some were amused that we cheered so loud when they lost on Sunday. Hell they could have heard me from Texas. :D That was an awesome 10 minute stretch of Cleveland loss and Sox bats pounding the ball.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
I know where I stand, the Sox still have to take care of business and until they do, I'll be rooting for White Sox wins.

Cleveland, Boston, and the Yanks losing will be icing on the cake every day.

Yup until we wrap atleast the wildcard I'll be cheering for Yankee and Bosox losses and until we wrap up the division I'll be cheering for Indian losses. If we wrap up the division then I just start cheering for bosox losses. :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
I know where I stand, the Sox still have to take care of business and until they do, I'll be rooting for White Sox wins.

Cleveland, Boston, and the Yanks losing will be icing on the cake every day.

Should we clinch the division after this Thursday, would we go in and sweep the Indians out of the playoff to face Boston/NY, or leave them in so that we can play against the Angels in the first round?

I guess my question is what team do you think we would play better in the postseason - Angels or Red Sox/Yankees?

It's a tough call, isn't it?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Yankees.  We suck out west, and dont play well against the bosox.  I feel like the yankees have the weakest starting pitching.  Although they have been extremely hot.

We are 2 and 2 out in Anaheim this year. Like I've said I could care less who we play if we get in.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
Should we clinch the division after this Thursday, would we go in and sweep the Indians out of the playoff to face Boston/NY, or leave them in so that we can play against the Angels in the first round?

I guess my question is what team do you think we would play better in the postseason - Angels or Red Sox/Yankees?

It's a tough call, isn't it?

Not to me. You always, always play to win. There is no switch that you can just turn on and off that says we'll play good today and than bad for a couple days and than go right back to playing good once the playoff starts.

If we clinch, than you rest some guys and go easy on your starters, etc, trying to set things up, but you in no way lay down for any team. Play to win, dont' even worry about matchups...if your good enough to win it all your good enough to beat anyone.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Not to me.  You always, always play to win.  There is no switch that you can just turn on and off that says we'll play good today and than bad for a couple days and than go right back to playing good once the playoff starts.

If we clinch, than you rest some guys and go easy on your starters, etc, trying to set things up, but you in no way lay down for any team.  Play to win, dont' even worry about matchups...if your good enough to win it all your good enough to beat anyone.

Exactly, rest some starters, set up the playoff rotation but in no way do you blow those games, try and win every single one.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
That was an awesome 10 minute stretch of Cleveland loss and Sox bats pounding the ball.

yeah it was - I was going nuts. Baseball season is special, no doubt about it.

I think the Indian fans are assuming Detroit has mailed it in. I don't. I think they'll get up to play spoilers this week and try to finish the season on a positive. But I also don't think it's going to matter - the Sox are a much better team.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
No. However, the way it happend, it could not have been better. We were all watching on the big screen in CF when it was 4-3, then everyone saw on the board that it eneded up being 4-4, and when the score finally changed to 5-4, the place all at once went nuts. Standing O.  :gosox3:

It could have been better if they had the game on the big screen during the rain delay and it happened then. :P

Still, had to be pretty awesome!

Funny story.. I was listening to the KC/Tribe game on XM while watching the Sox.. when Sizemore lost the ball and Berroa rounded third and scored I stood up screaming "Berroa scores, Berroa scores, KC wins!!!" Not realizing how loud I was because I had the ear buds in our entire section erupted in cheers. It was hysterical.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
It could have been better if they had the game on the big screen during the rain delay and it happened then.  :P

Still, had to be pretty awesome!

We were watching in the SC. When they tied the game the cheers were louder then when the Bears scored minutes before. Good times..

Funny story.. I was listening to the KC/Tribe game on XM while watching the Sox.. when Sizemore lost the ball and Berroa rounded third and scored I stood up screaming "Berroa scores, Berroa scores, KC wins!!!" Not realizing how loud I was because I had the ear buds in our entire section erupted in cheers. It was hysterical.

what section were you in, because someone did the same thing in my section, section 137 yesterday