John Rooney new voice of the...?

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Too much of a bad influence with all the pot smoking around the clubhouse?? KRod will surely miss him. :huh:

No, he just stinks. Of course this is just my wishful thinking. I don't even listen to Angel games on TV anymore. I'll see the score but 99% of the watching I do for the Angels is at the game or listening on the radio while I'm in the car.

There tv broadcasts are horribly inept. Hudler = MORON

And remember I'm a huge DJ fan, so for all you DJ haters that should say something.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
No, he just stinks.  Of course this is just my wishful thinking.  I don't even listen to Angel games on TV anymore.  I'll see the score but 99% of the watching I do for the Angels is at the game or listening on the radio while I'm in the car.

There tv broadcasts are horribly inept.  Hudler = MORON

And remember I'm a huge DJ fan, so for all you DJ haters that should say something.

I watch a lot of Angels games and I think Hudler's pretty fun to watch and listen to. He knows all the Angels very well and has a way of explaining game situations that makes sense. He and his partner clearly do not get along that well. Hudler has corrected him a few times about stuff that happens in the game. But I think he's gone too. The Angels are marketing themselves the ever growing hispanic population in SoCal and you can bet that Rooney will have a hispanic sidekick next year. Mota? probably.

I wouldn't mind Brian Dolgin getting a shot. He has improved every night, he has P b P experience and he brings a playfullness to the air that I've come to enjoy. Except when he talks about his damn car he is relentlessly sane and I think he would be a good change of pace from Farmer on a daily basis.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
I wouldn't mind Brian Dolgin getting a shot.  He has improved every night, he has P b P experience and he brings a playfullness to the air that I've come to enjoy.  Except when he talks about his damn car he is relentlessly sane and I think he would be a good change of pace from Farmer on a daily basis.

Yikes. As much as the Soxtalk community enjoys Bryan on the pre and post, I think a move to the in-game is not the cards for some time to come.

Get someone with MLB radio expierence--MAYBE with actual MLB-playing experience--to keep Farmer level-headed regarding the glory days or we are all in pretty deep.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
I watch a lot of Angels games and I think Hudler's pretty fun to watch and listen to. He knows all the Angels very well and has a way of explaining game situations that makes sense. He and his partner clearly do not get along that well. Hudler has corrected him a few times about stuff that happens in the game. But I think he's gone too. The Angels are marketing themselves the ever growing hispanic population in SoCal and you can bet that Rooney will have a hispanic sidekick next year. Mota? probably.

Jose Mota is awesome, but they're keeping the all-Spanish broadcast, so I don't see him totally vacating those. They should keep Hud - he's a homer, but at least he has personality. So many TV/Radio commentatora are boring beyond belief. Would there be chemistry between Rooney and Hudler - that's the question, but if John can keep Farmio straight, he can handle Rex. Jose jumps on for the Ch 9 broadcasts, so that might keep up too. I learn something everytime Jose is on. He rules.

Poor Steve Physioc........ He's crying now.