Trib Article today

bkmoney

QUOTE(bkmoney @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
I dont have a link to it but today i read in the paper that el duque admitted that his knee was bothering him. why is this the first time we have heard about it after a horrible second half??

:bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang

Im guessing because of incentives in his contract.....

Rowand triples his fun at the No. 3 spot in order

By Mark Gonzales

Tribune staff reporter

September 25, 2005, 10:51 PM CDT

Aaron Rowand has hit in six different spots in the White Sox's batting order, so it was no shock when manager Ozzie Guillen moved him to No. 3 Sunday.

Rowand might have found himself a temporary spot after his RBI triple in the Sox's three-run third-inning sparked a 4-1 win over Minnesota.

Rowand, who also drew a walk in the first inning, took some stress off starter Mark Buehrle with his big hit, which preceded Paul Konerko's two-run homer. It was Konerko's 38th homer but his first since Sept. 9 against the Angels.

"When you can put it together like that, it makes it easier and less stressful to go out there and have to scratch for runs," Rowand said.

Order restored

General manager Ken Williams will accompany the Sox on their final trip to Detroit and Cleveland but won't be serving as a policeman after designated hitter Carl Everett and manager Ozzie Guillen disagreed over Everett's demotion from third to sixth in the batting order with one week left in the season.

"It's a clubhouse matter, and Ozzie has handled it," Williams said. "Obviously, I'm here to support [Guillen] and keep team unity."

Williams backed Guillen's decision to send home left-hander Damaso Marte two weeks ago after Marte arrived late but said: "I pick and choose my spots. Was this a problem?"

Guillen, who now sits in the middle of the dugout bench and away from the on-deck circle where he was closer to fans, said he explained his reasoning to Everett.

"I just do what is best for the team and best for the ballplayers to give their best performance," Guillen said.

Team first

Despite a 9-3 postseason record, Orlando Hernandez realizes his shaky second half doesn't merit a spot in the rotation should the Sox reach the playoffs.

"I'm thinking of my team, that's it," said Hernandez, pointing to his 2-7 second-half record. "I'm never thinking as an individual. I stay here to help my team, that's it. I'm ready to pitch, start, relieve, whatever."

Hernandez, who was replaced in the rotation by rookie Brandon McCarthy, confirmed he has been nagged by a sore right knee. He said he felt fine after throwing a bullpen session Sunday.

A farewell

John Rooney, who announced his final regular-season home game as a member of the Sox's radio broadcasting crew for 18 seasons, threw the ceremonial first pitch.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
BTW, there is no reason to take A-row out of the 3 spot in the order.  He will thrive there.

He has been our best hitter with RISP this year, and that's the definiton of the 3 hole when you hit behind Iguchi and Pods.

I just worry about the amount of times he swings and misses/strikes out being a problem sitting in front of Konerko.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
He has been our best hitter with RISP this year, and that's the definiton of the 3 hole when you hit behind Iguchi and Pods.

I just worry about the amount of times he swings and misses/strikes out being a problem sitting in front of Konerko.

He couldnt be much worse than Carl at this point. Look no further than out game against the dodgers at home this year where we won it with small ball. A-row is perfect for that spot in the order.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)

What should the lineup be? Me say

Pods

Goocher

RowDog

Paulie

AJ

Dye

Dinosaur Man

Crede

Uribe

I would be concerned about Paulie and AJ being back 2 back due to lack of speed, but I prefer to break up the righties by having him @ 5 instead of 6.

QUOTE(Bias @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
What should the lineup be?  Me say

Pods

Goocher

RowDog

Paulie

AJ

Dye

Anderson

Crede

Uribe

I would be concerned about Paulie and AJ being back 2 back due to lack of speed, but I prefer to break up the righties by having him @ 5 instead of 6.

QUOTE(Bias @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
What should the lineup be?  Me say

Pods

Goocher

RowDog

Paulie

AJ

Dye

Dinosaur Man

Crede

Uribe

Goocher and Rowdog? LMAO :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting