Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
You can't expect these teams to lose. They are playing mediocre teams, and expect to win. The White Sox are in the same boat, unfortunately they gave one away last night, and better show up with some intensity and purpose tonight, or it will happen again.

I'm not expecting, I'm hoping. I just want this thing over with, It's driving me CRAZY!! :wacko:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
I'm not expecting, I'm hoping. I just want this thing over with, It's driving me CRAZY!!  :wacko:

All we needed was for Baltimore to win one game against both of these teams in the last few weeks, and we would have been in the driver's seat. A loss tonight = panic! The Sox need to stop losing games that are tied going into the 7th inning. It's happened far too often in the last month.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
You can't expect these teams to lose. They are playing mediocre teams, and expect to win. The White Sox are in the same boat, unfortunately they gave one away last night, and better show up with some intensity and purpose tonight, or it will happen again.

Unlike the Jays and Orioles, the Tigers have a very talented lineup. They're much more competitive than those two AL East teams are.

With the likely 6-7-8-9 tonight of Everett, Widger, Uribe, and Ozuna, these are the numbers for these guys: 11-76, 8-45, 5-41, and 5-31. Between the 4 guys, they're 29 for their last 193. That's a stunning .150 batting average. Good luck Brandon, you're going to need it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
With the likely 6-7-8-9 tonight of Everett, Widger, Uribe, and Ozuna, these are the numbers for these guys:  11-76, 8-45, 5-41, and 5-31.  Between the 4 guys, they're 29 for their last 193.  That's a stunning .150 batting average.  Good luck Brandon, you're going to need it.

:puke

Oz may want to think about putting in Geoff Blum. You know what, maybe not.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Everyone can relax.....Everett is in the lineup!!!!!

I wonder if a guy like Carl even listens to Greg Walker. Certainly he would listen to Harold, and you'd think Harold - one of the sweetest swingers from the left side I've ever seen - would have some good advice for him. I keep thinking that every day he's going to snap out of it and start driving the ball, but he's just flying open so bad. It's sad to watch. If he were hot right now...oh baby.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Somehow, I doubt Carl listens to anyone.

I have to think you're right.

I hope Ozuna's start is a result of Crede's back needing a break. Why else would you take the hottest hitter out of the line up?? If anything Ozuna should be playing for Uribe.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
I hope Ozuna's start is a result of Crede's back needing a break. Why else would you take the hottest hitter out of the line up?? If anything Ozuna should be playing for Uribe.

Read 1 page back. There's now a Rally Baby!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Well now, that is cause for celebration! Good for Joe. Next time I wish he'd schedule these things for the offseason - hasn't he heard of the rhythm method?  :P

Well, subtract 9 months...and I think we're right around the time of Soxfest last winter, and right before Spring Training.