Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Here is the scouting report on Cy Robertson.

He throws to the outside corner about 75%. 

What does this tell our hitters.  I know, Pull the ball.

No s***...Sox are sitting fastball too and the guy is throwing tons of changeups out of the zone.

f***ing terrible at bat by Widge. How long do we have to continue to bail this s***back out of jams.

YOU f***ING SUCK OFFENSE...GO TO HELL, your ruining what would be an amazing season. Figure this s*** out and start going, at least execute every once in a while with runners in scoring position.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
It looked like a breakup slide as opposed to a get in quickly slide.  His legs were up trying to take out and because of it he didn't get into the back as quick as he should.

Like I said a few posts ago, a good slide and he's safe.

Exactly,a straight legged slide and he's safe.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
but all he's thinking is break up the double play which he SHOULD be thinking...

Ya, he should of been thinking it...however, that play, you shouldn't. You should know Zuna is running and that when Guillen dove and on a slow hit ball there is zero chance at the double play. At that instant, your trying to beat things out.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
I can't even believe we're going to 7th inning having scored only 1 run against a guy with 6.94 ERA in September.

Robertson has done his best to let us score. The Sox have just done an even better job f***ing things up.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
When as that ever been a suprise? Its there pitching that is in question, and for good reason....

Red Sox are going nowhere. There pitching is horrid. They are basically the opposite version of the White Sox. They are a good team, not a great team. I'm starting to think the same for the Sox, unless the offense pulls its head out of its ass.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
You can't?  I think it's what a lot of us were expecting when we saw tonight's lineup.

just tonights? i think we all expect that pretty much every night... sigh... you'd think that with 200 homers we'd have a better offense... but no...