Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
I can't even believe we're going to 7th inning having scored only 1 run against a guy with 6.94 ERA in September.

Why, this offense sucks. If the playoffs are missed, or exited quickly, this offese is making it very easy for Greg Walker to be the fall guy.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Just gotta hope corpseball goes away or the D-Rays can hold on for a win.

We need to win some f***ing games. Rooting for the Indians to lose will do nothing to help the Sox make the playoffs. If they don't win at least 2 games the rest of the way, they won't make the playoffs.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Why, this offense sucks. If the playoffs are missed, or exited quickly, this offese is making it very easy for Greg Walker to be the fall guy.

Walker is gone if this team doesn't make the playoffs. I think he's probably gone regardless. THe problem is, if this team doesn't make the playoffs I fear the repercusisons to the fan base which has grown pretty well this season.

Even if the Sox go 3 and out, they need to make the playoffs so they can continue growing there base and payroll.

Also so they can sign Konerko and add a big time bat.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Just gotta hope corpseball goes away or the D-Rays can hold on for a win.

The Sox are playing arguably one of the worst teams in the league and are about to drop the first 2 of a four game series. If corpseball is going to go away I would hope that it happens NOW. Cause this ain't good.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
We need to win some f***ing games.  Rooting for the Indians to lose will do nothing to help the Sox make the playoffs.  If they don't win at least 2 games the rest of the way, they won't make the playoffs.

If we win 2 we are guarenteed a wild card "playoff game" unless the Yanks lose 1 and Boston wins the division right?

Its confusing.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
If we win 2 we are guarenteed a wild card "playoff game" unless the Yanks lose 1 and Boston wins the division right?

Its confusing.

If we win 2, we're guaranteed at least a play-in game. There's a very minimal, minimal chance they force a play-in game if they win one game the rest of the way. If they win 0 games the rest of the way, they might as well move the franchise.