Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
WHERE WOULD HE PLAY?

Aaron Rowand = can't handle pennant race pressure?

the pennant race???? what the hell has he done all goddamn year besides play great D. .275 average with no power and a bad batting eye is not someone who should be batting 3rd. note to ozzie rowand has the fewest HRs of any of the should be starters

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
So...all of y'all who were saying that the solution to our problems was to put Aaron in the 3 hole...yeah....

Hey, I just passed 5000 posts.

Still far superior than Everett in the 3 spot, imo.

Fact of the matter is the Sox don't have a good option for the 3 hole right now (unless they want to move JD there or even Crede at this point).

Best thing I can think of is Pablo DH'ing and in the 2 hole and Iguchi sliding to the 3 spot. Pablo can handle a bat and do a decent job in the 2 spot and Guchi would be a solid 3 hole hitter. It may be too drastic of a change though and I can't see Ozzie doing it.

That or get Gload some contstant ab's and try him out. He's a good pure hitter, but he's gonna have to get AB's for that to happen (ie it won't happen).

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
the pennant race???? what the hell has he done all goddamn year besides play great D. .275 average with no power and a bad batting eye is not someone who should be batting 3rd. note to ozzie rowand has the fewest HRs of any of the should be starters

He had some clutch hits earlier in the season. It's really a shame, as I had such high hopes for Rowand and Uribe offensively for their careers.