Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
good call

garland and mccarthy both go to the changeup often with a 3-2 count. i wonder if it has somethign to do with the catchers....lets get 2 here offense and give the kid a lead

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
You've been saying all along that we need a number 3 hitter.  It's definitely been our downfall this season.

Its quite obvious Kenny will need to resign Paulie and find another big time bat for the middle of the lineup this offseason. If he doesn't, it will be a failure of an offseason. It would be like the Cubs not picking up a good closer this past off-season when they knew it was a major hole.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
garland and mccarthy both go to the changeup often with a 3-2 count. i wonder if it has somethign to do with the catchers....lets get 2 here offense and give the kid a lead

I know one thing...I don't want AJ catching Brandon, only Widge.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
ya know i'd hate to see bmac stuck with the same offense he had to work with against the twins.  he deserves a f***ing win and this team could f***ing use one right now.  the inability to score is almost laughable

no................its laughable.....not almost laughable

I hope Paulie doesn't start pushing for his 40th. Sometimes when guys are on plateau marks they start fishing a bit trying to hit everything out.

So far it doesn't look like Paulie's done that, but who knows.

Wow Paulie goes down on a fastball in. Really looked like he was expecting an offspeed pitch.

Maybe one of our hitters would like to take Robertson to right field. Considering he is hitting the outside corner and throwing crap. Just a f***ing thought. I know its exciting to turn on the 85 mph fastball on the outside corner.

Nice way to take the 85 mph fastball down the cock Paulie.