Mariotti chokes us again

iguchi=dank

Well of course Mariotti would finally wait till today to submit the 6th straight article about the sox choking. Yes i did say I would bet 50 bucks that he would write about the bears instead of a 3 game winning streak by the sox on monday. The good news is this means we will be winning today because I've broke it down. Mariotti started his choke pieces on Sep 1. and for the month so far he has written 8 pieces on the sox with possibly only Sep 8th article on konerko not a total rip job. so here are the dates he wrote about us choking and what happened that day

Sep 1. W - start of 7 game winning streak

Sep 15. L

Sep 18. W

Sep 20. W

Sep 22. L - won next 3

sep 25. W

So what can I say Jay. THANKS we really needed this game today and you all but gauranteed it, thank you.

Also am I confident about our chances to win it all.. not really. But i don't think many fans of the angels or marlins really thought they were gonna take it all. Does the team with the best record in the AL REALLY deserve 7 depressing articles about a team not really clicking while another team plays .700+ ball.. not really. The sox do have a better record than the two east teams that mariotti continually slurps b/c they pay 150 million plus. And really even with the sox losing yesterday I'm still way more confident than a week ago.

Finally Jay, Brandon Inge is a pretty freakin good player. actually he's quite good and a favorite of Peter Gammons. He is young and plays like 5 positions very well, and most teams would love to have him.

And yes I KNOW that alot of what he says bears some truth. no doubt about it. But seriously if you want to be the NUMBER 1 BIGSHOT writer in chicago please don't continually write articles that basically are looking like he has a Word Template made for them. Write something original please and if the sox do clinch soon I want 1 damn article that says.. hey good job guys for hangin in there and lets just see what happens, and also thanks for year that didn't suck by the month after the all star game.

God he's annoying, but Jay, thanks for the win today

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
Well of course Mariotti would finally wait till today to submit the 6th straight article about the sox choking.  Yes i did say I would bet 50 bucks that he would write about the bears instead of a 3 game winning streak by the sox on monday.  The good news is this means we will be winning today because I've broke it down. Mariotti started his choke pieces on Sep 1. and for the month so far he has written 8 pieces on the sox with possibly only Sep 8th article on konerko not a total rip job. so here are the dates he wrote about us choking and what happened that day

Sep 1. W - start of 7 game winning streak

Sep 15. L

Sep 18. W

Sep 20. W

Sep 22. L - won next 3

sep 25. W

So what can I say Jay. THANKS we really needed this game today and you all but gauranteed it, thank you. 

Also am I confident about our chances to win it all.. not really.  But i don't think many fans of the angels or marlins really thought they were gonna take it all.  Does the team with the best record in the AL REALLY deserve 7 depressing articles about a team not really clicking while another team plays .700+ ball.. not really.  The sox do have a better record than the two east teams that mariotti continually slurps b/c they pay 150 million plus.  And really even with the sox losing yesterday I'm still way more confident than a week ago.

Finally Jay, Brandon Inge is a pretty freakin good player. actually he's quite good and a favorite of Peter Gammons. He is young and plays like 5 positions very well, and most teams would love to have him.

And yes I KNOW that alot of what he says bears some truth. no doubt about it.  But seriously if you want to be the NUMBER 1 BIGSHOT writer in chicago please don't continually write articles that basically are looking like he has a Word Template made for them.  Write something original please and if the sox do clinch soon I want 1 damn article that says.. hey good job guys for hangin in there and lets just see what happens, and also thanks for year that didn't suck by the month after the all star game.

God he's annoying, but Jay, thanks for the win today

Inge always plays well against us too. There's a reason this guy is in the big leagues. The way Mariotti tells it, he's got no right to even think about hitting two home runs. What an asshole sports writer Mariotti is to demean a pro athlete like that. Maybe he's jealous. What a dick.

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
Inge always plays well against us too.  There's a reason this guy is in the big leagues.  The way Mariotti tells it, he's got no right to even think about hitting two home runs.  What an asshole sports writer Mariotti is to demean a pro athlete like that.  Maybe he's jealous.  What a dick.

I don't know what Kotex-boy would be jealous of... He has the best job in the world. He gets to make up stories and connections out of nothing.

:lolhitting Mariotti is the #1 most read columnist for Sox fans. LMAO at everyone that hates him and reads every one of his columns. Posts about his columns. Talks about his columns.

Mommy, mommy, Jay is calling me names. Make him stop. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
:lolhitting Mariotti is the #1 most read columnist for Sox fans. LMAO at everyone that hates him and reads every one of his columns. Posts about his columns. Talks about his columns.

Until the Sox make the playoffs, the main word that will be associated with the team is choke. Mariotti is the type of guy who makes money off of being highly critical of things. It was quite predictable with him....bash the Bears on Monday after they lose, and then write a bad article on the Sox when they lose.

Texsox, Just to let you know, I'm glad he wrote again, as i tried to point out. ITS A GOOD thing. We win almost every time he writes, its awesome. And shutup about not reading his articles, he's the head columnist for the 2nd biggest paper in chicago and the biggest paper that doesn't own the other team in town. He should get read and commented on, thats why he writes. Nobody is crying, people are commenting dumbs***

Edited by iguchi=dank

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Texsox, Just to let you know, I'm glad he wrote again, as i tried to point out. ITS A GOOD thing. We win almost every time he writes, its awesome.  And shutup about not reading his articles, he's the head columnist for the 2nd biggest paper in chicago and the biggest paper that doesn't own the other team in town.  He should get read and commented on, thats why he writes. Nobody is crying, people are commenting dumbs***

You night want to leave the word "dumbs***" out. Take a 5 day vacation, please.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
Texsox, Just to let you know, I'm glad he wrote again, as i tried to point out. ITS A GOOD thing. We win almost every time he writes, its awesome.  And shutup about not reading his articles, he's the head columnist for the 2nd biggest paper in chicago and the biggest paper that doesn't own the other team in town.  He should get read and commented on, thats why he writes. Nobody is crying, people are commenting dumbs***

pitr-vacation.gif

If you've never called a buddy a dumbs*** before, well, I'm sorry to tex, but you need to grow up. I'm just sick of people saying, o no stop crying over mariotti bla bla bla. Nobody cries, people are talking on a message board used to talk. get over it. If you don't want to read the post, don't.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
If you've never called a buddy a dumbs*** before, well, I'm sorry to tex, but you need to grow up.  I'm just sick of people saying, o no stop crying over mariotti bla bla bla. Nobody cries, people are talking on a message board used to talk. get over it. If you don't want to read the post, don't.

Actually you might want to read the posting rules on Soxtalk. Namecalling and personal attacks are forbidden and subject to an automatic 5 day penalty. If you want to post here, you aren't going to post stuff like that... I think you might be the one who needs to get over it.

By the way, I'd like to point out how truly obnoxious it is for Mariotti to rip on Jon Garland for his performance yesterday.

The kid came out without his best stuff, battled, and gave up 3 runs in 6.2 innings.

In my book, that's a very good line. There's almost no pitcher in baseball who won't give up 3 runs in 7 innings quite a few times during the year. That's the kind of numbers you should ask your pitchers to do an hope they can pull off...not the kind of numbers that should make you disappointed in your pitcher. No one is going to shut out the opposition every single game.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I thought he had the best job in the universe.  10 points for anyone who figures it out.  :P

I actually agree with most of what Mariotti said in that column....there's got to be at least 10 games in the months of August and September where the Sox "choked" away games they should have won....

His assessment of Garland's performance was unfair....giving up 3 runs is not great, but it's not in the "choke" category....

Would CLee and Magglio look good in the #3 hole....absolutely....Mariotti forgets though that Magglio was hurt most of the first half, and with CLee we don't have Podsednick, who was the catalyst for the great first half...so WITH them it's unlikely the Sox would have ever had a 15 game lead to fall back on....

His last statement basically inferred that the Sox don't deserve to be in the playoffs...again, that's a little unfair....all the 4 playoff contenders in the East and Central have holes....

red sox-bullpen

yankees-starting pitching

cleveland-defense

white sox-low BA RISP

if you have the record at the end of the year that qualifies for postseason play, then you deserve to be in the playoffs.....

A better way for Mariotti to put it should have been ...."if the Sox can't get it done in the next 6 games against Detroit and Cleveland , then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs".....but of course, I think Mariotti just gets off on pissing people off...

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
By the way, I'd like to point out how truly obnoxious it is for Mariotti to rip on Jon Garland for his performance yesterday.

The kid came out without his best stuff, battled, and gave up 3 runs in 6.2 innings.

In my book, that's a very good line.  There's almost no pitcher in baseball who won't give up 3 runs in 7 innings quite a few times during the year.  That's the kind of numbers you should ask your pitchers to do an hope they can pull off...not the kind of numbers that should make you disappointed in your pitcher.  No one is going to shut out the opposition every single game.

Jon didn't pitch bad...but we needed him to shut the Tigers down yesterday, so I was not happy with what he did. that being said, the Offense let him down as well.

And I am a dumbass, so please call me dumbass...thankx.

Hey if he's right--and he has been about some things--right on for saying them.

If he's wrong--well hopefully it'll light a fire under the team's ass.

I'm seeing win/win here.

I'd rather read a columnist who will offend anyone than one who's a homer, if you know what I'm saying. Even if he's not always right.

Mommy, mommy, Jay is calling me names. Make him stop

:lolhitting

Ka-Ching! :notworthy

EDIT: Oops, I should have read the rest of the thread before I posted. Now I see I should have said:

Ka-Ching, dumbs*** :notworthy (You know I mean that only in the nicest possible way/call all my buddies that, right?)

Edited by Mercy!

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
If you've never called a buddy a dumbs*** before, well, I'm sorry to tex, but you need to grow up.  I'm just sick of people saying, o no stop crying over mariotti bla bla bla. Nobody cries, people are talking on a message board used to talk. get over it. If you don't want to read the post, don't.

Thank you for pointing that out, and congratulations on one month and 30 posts at soxtalk! :cheers

And may I add, this is the same Mariotti thread that has been started weekly for years. Hell it may have been the first thread ever. The funny thing is. most of the time it's Mariotti is an ass, it's rarely Mariotti is wrong and here are facts to back it up. Now one reason is he is careful to not write things that cold be checked like that.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Wow, Mariotti is actually in Detroit today.  I never knew he followed games in person.

I wonder if he's actually at the game, or if he watches from a hotel room in Detroit.

I take him for what he is: someone who writes crap to get attention. Sometimes I agree with him, other times he's way off base.

What I find funny, but not surprising, is how thin-skinned Mariotti is. He talks about Hawk and Reifert blaming the MEDIA. But they're not blaming all the media, they're calling out Mariotti for the phony he is.