IPASS expands to join EZPASS

southsider2k5

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
how about double tolls is you dont have one? If thats not a reason, then I dont know what is.

I live in NY. I can deal with the double tolls the twice a year I go back to Chicago.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
Since I almost never take the tollway, it's worth the extra 40 cents per toll to keep the state police from being able to monitor my speed.

They cant monitor your speed with radar? Is this your conspiracy theory. IPASS doesnt cost anything, it takes money straight off your debit or credit card. Using it saves you money, even if you only use the tolls once in awhile, it still costs your nothing unless you through the tolls. Sounds like being stubborn just for the sake of being stubborn to me.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Illinois Highway system is bulls***. From my house to the border of Wisconsin, it takes me 5 f***ing tolls. Once I get into Wisconsin, not 1 all the way up into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

It annoys me that I can travel downstate to see in-laws (to be) and not pay a dime (traveling close to 200 miles or more to get there) and yet, the 80-90 miles it takes to get to Lake Geneva costs me at least $3-4 with the i-pass.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Illinois Highway system is bulls***. From my house to the border of Wisconsin, it takes me 5 f***ing tolls. Once I get into Wisconsin, not 1 all the way up into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

:rolly Welcome to almost any large city.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)

welcome to civilization. How do you think they get money to pay for those highways that take direct routes to your destinations.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
They cant monitor your speed with radar?  Is this your conspiracy theory.  IPASS doesnt cost anything, it takes money straight off your debit or credit card.  Using it saves you money, even if you only use the tolls once in awhile, it still costs your nothing unless you through the tolls.  Sounds like being stubborn just for the sake of being stubborn to me.

iPass registers what time you pass through a toll booth.

it then registers the time you pass through the next toll booth.

if you're speeding, not enough time will have elapsed.

I'm not putting that past them...

EDITED to add that I don't use the tollway enough to make iPass worth my while, and I don't speed enough ( or at high enough speeds ) to worry about anyone tracking my times.

Edited by The Critic