Kermit turns 50, goes on world tour

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
I like Kermit, but my true love is  :P  :

Pepe is hilarious. I thought he was the best addition to the muppet lineup in 20 years. When the Hensons sold the muppet rights, they went straight into the crapper. Pepe was about the only good thing to come from the Muppets in the time before the Henson kids came back into the picture, recently. From what I have read, Disney is planning a big rebirth of the Muppets.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 1:08 PM)
My mom, aunt and myself were crying from laughing so hard at Pepe's version of Toto in the Muppets' Wizard of Oz.

Muppets from Space is a really funny movie. I watched it with my then-4 year old daughter, and I was astonished at the amount of jokes directed my way. Pepe made that movie well worth the rental money. His small part in Muppets in Treasure island was great too.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Muppets from Space is a really funny movie.  I watched it with my then-4 year old daughter, and I was astonished at the amount of jokes directed my way.  Pepe made that movie well worth the rental money. His small part in Muppets in Treasure island was great too.

I can't even count the times I have watched Muppets in Space. He has some hysterical lines in there as wel.

I have to watch Muppets' Treasure Island again - I have the DVD, but haven't watched it all the way through yet.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
Chris Curtin, general manager and vice president of the Muppets Holding Company, said the Disney-owned venture also is developing an "American Idol"-style "reality" TV series featuring Kermit and friends conducting a talent search "for the next Muppet."

awesome.

I have heard about that and can't wait for it - Pepe better be the smart-assed judge. :headbang