Notes: Everett may be headed to the bench...

bjm676

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
I don't think we're saying we need him...I think we're saying that when he's playing well he's useful.

We have 2 possibly decent backup options in B.A. and Borchard right now.  But I don't think that either one of them is as useful as a Carl Everett when Everett is playing well.

Only problem...of course, is that Everett isn't playing well at all.

Borchard over Gload?

Hello? :banghead

I think the some of the guys got used to getting a lot of days off earlier in the year and now it seems they are playing every day. Like Everett, he was platooning with Frank for a part of the season and was rotating some times with Timo at DH and now it seems like he is exhausted and his bat swing is terribly slow. The point is the season is wearing on all the guys. It seems Crede and Paulie are connecting on their swings the most, probably cause they are used to playing without a break.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
We miss Carl's bat in a big, big way. I say let him hit himself out of this funk.

It doesnt seem to be working. When was the last time the guy played a full season without along break. His stats arent equal to most 3 hitters, and frankly he needs to sit the f down.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
I don't have a clue what makes you say Iguchi isn't hitting like he was earlier this season.  Yeah he's not hitting .340 like he was to start the year, but he certainly isn't having problems in September.

AVG  OBP  SLG  OPS

.296 .341 .407 .748

My bad I was typing two messages at the same time. I didnt mean to put Iguchi in there.