Needs for next year

sayitaintso

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
I said in the game thread, the 4 guys in the line-up I would be looking to replace are Rowand, Crede, Everett, and Pods

actually, Crede probably needs to stay. Hopefully next year Pods can play a full season. As far as Rowand and Everett, I wouldn't mind seeing an improvement at center and DH.

The Sox need at least one of the following players: Bill Mueller, Rafael Furcal, Bengie Molina and Brian Giles. I have had it with Rowand and Pods. When Pods doesn't steal he is useless and Rowand just has lacked all fundamentals this year offensively. A.J. as much as I like him isn't great, bad arm, so-so defense and incosistent offense. While I love Uribe and think Crede is good, they are way to streaky and Uribe can also be a super-sub.

My ideal line-up would be:

Furcal (ss)

Mueller (3b)

Iguchi (2b)

Konerko (1b)

Giles (LF)

Molina ©

Dye (RF)

Anderson (CF)

Gload (DH)

**might be lacking some speed at the bottom, but a better line-up. Even though this is not possible, I would love it. We would have to shell out an extra $16-20 million, though.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
My ideal line-up would be:

Furcal (ss)

Mueller (3b)

Iguchi (2b)

Konerko (1b)

Giles (LF)

Molina ©

Dye (RF)

Anderson (CF)

Gload (DH)

**might be lacking some speed at the bottom, but a better line-up.  Even though this is not possible, I would love it.  We would have to shell out an extra $16-20 million, though.

If Iguchi bats 3rd for us next year I will vomit on this team.

First, they would never shell out all that money. Rowand is fine in centerfield, he plays great defense and is so-so on offense. But for 3 million you definitly could do worse. I think we could use another second basemen and another bat. I think Konerko is gone so trade for Overbay makes some sense. Bringing back Frank would be Great cause he really helped the offense while he was in there. Maybe we could trade for Rameriez or Bonds. Kenny loves thinking big and so do I.