Needs for next year

sayitaintso

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Lyle Overbay will hopefully be wearing a White Sox uni next year.

He's not a free agent

also, whats with the whole Overbay obsession (it's not just you)? He's good, but not that good. I don't think Milwaukee will just give him to us for some low level prospects.

Better offense and a new manager. Since the site began, I can't think of a time in which pitching wasn't mentioned up until now. That's good, but we have glaring holes on offense.

Problem is that all the decent worthwhile FA's that are available play positions that are already good enough on this team. I mean Bengie will be getting alot more than AJ and I also think AJ is a much better game caller than Bengie.

Crede has the best glove that's available to us. He saves Mark and Jon a lot of runs. Plus his offense seems like it's coming around as long as he keeps his current stance. He's a 9 hitter anyway. Ask the Yanks if they would like that type of production out of their 9 hitter and they would love it.

Uribe is a necessity at short. Only because of his strong arm. He's very streaky and I think he should be a platoon player if we do go look at SS.

Giles is the only real option. Especially since Pods doesn't steal bases anymore. Pods is as useful as Willie right now. He better learn how to steal or he should be traded and room should be made for Giles. We need to desperately do something with that DH spot though. Either Frank or some massive power hitter via trade.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
Better offense and a new manager. Since the site began, I can't think of a time in which pitching wasn't mentioned up until now. That's good, but we have glaring holes on offense.

Problem is that all the decent worthwhile FA's that are available play positions that are already good enough on this team. I mean Bengie will be getting alot more than AJ and I also think AJ is a much better game caller than Bengie.

Crede has the best glove that's available to us. He saves Mark and Jon a lot of runs. Plus his offense seems like it's coming around as long as he keeps his current stance. He's a 9 hitter anyway. Ask the Yanks if they would like that type of production out of their 9 hitter and they would love it.

Uribe is a necessity at short. Only because of his strong arm. He's very streaky and I think he should be a platoon player if we do go look at SS.

Giles is the only real option. Especially since Pods doesn't steal bases anymore. Pods is as useful as Willie right now. He better learn how to steal or he should be traded and room should be made for Giles. We need to desperately do something with that DH spot though. Either Frank or some massive power hitter via trade.

Sadly, I don't think Frank has much if anything left in the tank. We already relied on him making a comeback once to save our offense and it bit us in the ass. Lets not do it again.

I think a reconstruction may be in order. Building the team around AJ, Pods (if healthy - he's a freakin sparkplug), Iguchi. We need to find that balance between power and speed that we seemed to have for the first half of the season. If I was smarter, I could tell you who we should have.

Pitching is good, Send El Duque back to Cuba and keep B-Mac in that 5th spot. Transition Jenks to a full time closer's role.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
I said in the game thread, the 4 guys in the line-up I would be looking to replace are Rowand, Crede, Everett, and Pods

I really don't have a problem with Pods at all. He's easily one of the top 5 leadoff hitters in the entire league. Problem is that he plays a position traditionally reserved for a power bat, so you either have to find a power bat for a defensive position (SS, 2B, CF, C) or bite the bullet and move him to CF. I agree with the rest.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
What do you guys think this team needs next season to be successful?

I can tell you what they don't need. Guys like Perez and Blum who are career nothings. Why waste money on these guys? Anderson could have grounded in to a 1-2-3 DP with the bases loaded. And Mr Clutch, Timo, has about 18 RBI's all year.

What did Gload do to piss off Ozzie?

Bob

Rowand

i think we need to upgrade in CF he mis-plays way to many balls granted he makes nice plays and gives 100% no doubt but mis played ALOT and his bat is nothing like last year ,what does everybody think could it be possable he was on roids? i think a good POWER hitting CF and use rowand as a bench player ,sign KONERKO and add a good DH and furcal and then have Uribe and Crede share 3rd base :huh

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
Rowand

i think we need to upgrade in CF he mis-plays way to many balls granted he makes nice plays and gives 100% no doubt but mis played ALOT and his bat is nothing like last year ,what does everybody think could it be possable he was on roids? i think a good POWER hitting CF and use rowand as a bench player ,sign KONERKO and add a good DH and furcal and then have Uribe and Crede share 3rd base :huh

Keeping Uribe at SS is a must.