9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I actually think he won't be fired, but he'll quit after this season.  It definitely seems like a possibility he could go after the Marlins job when it opens.  I wouldn't blame him, as the Chicago media is pretty harsh.

Rofl...you guys are crazy. Chicago is his dream job, despite him being a little frustrated. Hell, I don't really blame him. This team lacks a big time run producer to join Konerko and they are paying for it.

Not his fault Aaron, EVerett, and AJ are in HORRID funks.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
I actually think he won't be fired, but he'll quit after this season.  It definitely seems like a possibility he could go after the Marlins job when it opens.  I wouldn't blame him, as the Chicago media is pretty harsh.

If he cannot handle two months of intense criticism by useless media tripe, frankly, I don't f***ing want him back.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
The next manager should have no connections to the Sox organization.  This hasn't been a successful franchise, and fresh blood is definitely needed.

I agree. Unless you have been ultra successful, I think when changes are made at the manager or GM positions, they shoul come from the outside for a fresh perspective.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
AJP trying to pull the outside changeup.  He should be batting 8th, and not 3rd.  AJP has been rather disappointing during the stretch run also.  I expected more intensity out of him.

Problem is the Sox don't have anyone that can hit 8th. Pick your poison all 3 of the candidates suck right now (AJP, Everett, Rowand) and they can't all hit 8th.

I think we also can look at Uribe's recent run of success. He added a little leg kick and took batting tips from a DIFFERENT HITTING COACH...then goes on a tear...then after working with Walker again for a few weeks, he's right back where he started.

I don't know why you people cant see it. The Indians, WITH the offense they have, had this same problem, saw it...and fixed it. We sit back on it and say it's not his fault.

Yea...it is.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
who's worse right now?

Rowand?

Everett?

Pierzynski?

my ranking:

1. Ev

2. ARow

3. AJ

Thats hard...I'd probably say EVerett, AJ, Aaron but I think they equally suck at this point in time. What makes matters worse is that none of them have a clue how to draw a walk or work a count.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
I think we also can look at Uribe's recent run of success.  He added a little leg kick and took batting tips from a DIFFERENT HITTING COACH...then goes on a tear...then after working with Walker again for a few weeks, he's right back where he started.

I don't know why you people cant see it.  The Indians, WITH the offense they have, had this same problem, saw it...and fixed it.  We sit back on it and say it's not his fault.

Yea...it is.

Trust me, most of us want Walker to be fired at the end of this season. SSI has been on his case all season. However, this blame goes on the players now. They need to grow a pair and focus with RISP.

QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
No, no.  DJ is.

DJ isn't an idiot. He is just as boring as they get. I will say that he is better than Early Winn was....that guy had me changing the channel on the radio....i thought i lost the station because he wouldn't talk for a couple of hitters at a time...he was really sleepy.