9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
I couldn't agree more, but do you think Ozzie would really do that?

No, he's going to go down with the guys who got him to this point. I can't necessarily blame him for it. Afterall if he went down using Gload and Anderson people everywhere would be whining about how he didn't go with the guys that got him there.

Obviously a manager shouldn't take the fans into account, but right now I'd be hard pressed to continue putting those guys out there. I just think a day off mentally would be real helpful.

Of course with this reasoning I think if the Sox find a way to get in, you'll see the bats totally explode early in the post-season. I think these guys are mentally exhausted. I don't know if any of you have been a part of a winning team that had a long funk, but the longer it gets the more and more you press and its got to be even worse when you have shot as going down as one of the biggest choke jobs in the history.

Its easy to say you will ignore it, but its like most things, easier said than done (like all of us yapping at Sox hitters to go opposite field).