9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
:lol:

Just wait till Fest...I'll be in a furious mood if Paulie isn't resigned by than.

Eh -- I'll have to see what's done.

I'm thinking that mine and yours "what the Sox should do this off-season" plan is are going in opposite directions -- I can already tell.

Like, the whole Frank Thomas issue. I want to see him back on an incentive-laden deal, you want him gone.

I'd love to have Nomar, you wouldn't.

I think I agree with you on one thing, though -- I don't want Contreras going ANYWHERE. Buehrle/Garcia/Garland/Mac/Contreras will compete with Oakland and Minny to be the best staff in the AL (actually, in all of baseball).

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
i want cleveland to lose so it's over and done with.

plus, we can rest a few guys.

What a lame way to clinch. The team not even playing. I love to see the guys run on the field. I was there in 93. 2000 was lame. We actually lost that game when we celebrated.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
At night while we play at noon.  I want Cleveland to win tomorrow so we can clinch on the field on Friday.

It was in another thread that if the Sox and Cleveland tied and they were ahead of the second place team in the East that there would be no playoff that the Sox would win due to head to head competition. Is this true, because if it is a victory tomorrow clinches the Central.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Here's a question I waited for the game to end to ask:  If the Sox win tomorrow, they win the AL Central due to head-to-head tiebreak.  Do the Sox go all out against Cleveland, or rest the pitchers/players?

Its an interesting question. But one I would LOVE to face.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Here's a question I waited for the game to end to ask:  If the Sox win tomorrow, they win the AL Central due to head-to-head tiebreak.  Do the Sox go all out against Cleveland, or rest the pitchers/players?

They probably need to rest some guys, but it would be BS to throw a Sunday line-up out there more than one time, considering the Boston/NY/Cleveland race.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)

Wait - if the Sox go into Cleveland up 3 games then the tribe could conceivably sweep and force a one game playoff if they end the regular season with the same record. That's my understanding.