9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
I agree, anyone who calls our top of the 2nd inning corpseball doesn't know what corpseball is.

agreed.

i don't think anyone is complaining about our guy's lack of hitting, it was just the utter complete awful luck that inning to add ontop of everything.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
it's great to see that the sox are in playoff form the last week.  cause just like in the playoffs they tighten up with men on base and can't score runs.

The personnel is completely different from that of any of our previous playoff teams. We have only one guy left from the 2000 lineup. There is nobody left from the 1993 lineup.

But I suppose that if the Bills were to reach the Super Bowl this year, you'd say that they'd choke. After all, look what happened back in the early 90s. :bang

And yet another quality poster joins soxtalk. I don't welcome you, man. I hope that you get banned ASAP.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

Tonight I'm predicting we're down 2 going into the 9th. We're up. Konerko and Dye on the corners with 2 outs and Ozuna is coming up. Just before he takes a pitch...wait a second...what's that... they're playing Joe Crede's music!!! The Rally Crede comes out. Somebody here is posting We Need a Hero every other post and Crede goes yard.

Sox Win.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
catch a break?  what kind of dumbass statement is that?!?  we need to EXECUTE not rely on luck.

what?

2 hard hit balls that should have been a hit/homerun, is excuting, i'm sorry.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
The Sox have to lead the league in ridiculous bunts this season. Face it while we feel sorry for ourselves with Uribes near homer, if Trammell has Pena at first, that horrible bunt by Everett is a DP.

That's why the bunt is such a freaking beautiful play...it forces the defense to do everthing right. Surprisingly often, they can't.