9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
AJ, Carl, Rowand are all terrible lately.  You can't do much when you can pitch around most every run producer in the lineup. 

I wouldn't give Paulie anything in this count.

And that's why it's disappointing that Ozzie has been so stubborn about giving a bench player a chance to provide a spark.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
i hope no one actually believes that this team will play any different than they are right now in the playoffs.

We've seen them do it before. And if we're a .260 team with RISP, then we're due for like 35 hits in a row with RISP.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
i hope no one actually believes that this team will play any different than they are right now in the playoffs.

Lets just see how we stand after the Cleveland series. If we somehow sweep, watch out. As of right now, I agree, we suck.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
they may not win the division but it's such a statistical longshot that they don't make the playoffs via the wildcard

No it's not at all. They have to win 2 more games this season to make the playoffs. Likely? YES. Long shot? HELL NO!

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)

I totally believe they will. If they somehow get in, they will get a huge huge burdon off there head and be able to relax a bit (I know I know, playoffs, you don't thinka bout relaxing).

However right now all they can think about is not choking. They find a way to get in, it'll be like a fresh new start and they'll be able to have fun and stop worrying. EVeryone's written the club off anyway.