Raffy Hits 500

whitesox247

Should Palmeiro be a Hall of Famer?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Palmeiro be a Hall of Famer?

• Yes
    • No

Rafael Palmeiro, one of the most underrated player in the game, became the 19th member of the 500 HR club. The big argument, though, is whether he should be a Hall of Famer. He has consistently put up huge seasons, is SOLID with the glove, but has failed to lead his team to good seasons.

imo, its a shame that there should even be an argument, I think its just the fact that he is one of THE most underrated and unnoticed in the game. He is just as elite as any other player in the Hall of Fame.

He is a Gold Glove winner who is also mr. clutch (kinda like Edgar in that it's "when you hit, not what you hit truism) in addition to hitting 550-600 homers when it's all said and done.....HOF in my book.

Mark Grace on the other hand......

He has to be HOFer.  Palmeiro has been remarkable similar to Eddie Murray's career.  Never HUGE numbers, but always consistantly great numbers.  Most likely a first ballot HOFer.

I don't know man, if you look at his career stats per year, he's had some pretty awesome years.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/players/...playerpage/7958

.292 career avg, 500 HR, 1600 RBI, 529 doubles, and nearly as many career walks as strikeouts (1163 and 1187, respectively).

Except for Barry Bonds, he's about as sure of a bet to be in the HOF as anyone else currently playing.