Cool band: DIAMOND NIGHTS

Kid Gleason

Throw back to the 70's. They will be hit with a million "they sound like The Darkness", but the main difference is that these guys are more authentic sounding and actually sound like they have spent a lifetime listening to the stuff, and not just out using it for a gimmick. They even look a bit more real, and not as much of an act as The Darkness.

www.diamond-nights.com

Thanks, Kid, I'll check it out when I get home.

I have my computer muted at work so I don't hear the annoying PINNNNNNG of our company's instant message system.

The Darkness minus Justin Hawkins' painful yelp = very good, so I'm hoping this band has a decent singer who doesn't sound like he has his nuts in a vice.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Thanks, Kid, I'll check it out when I get home.

I have my computer muted at work so I don't hear the annoying PINNNNNNG of our company's instant message system.

The Darkness minus Justin Hawkins' painful yelp = very good, so I'm hoping this band has a decent singer who doesn't sound like he has his nuts in a vice.

He goes there from time to time, but he is a little bit better. The rest of the time he sounds more "real" to the 70's styles.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Throw back to the 70's. They will be hit with a million "they sound like The Darkness", but the main difference is that these guys are more authentic sounding and actually sound like they have spent a lifetime listening to the stuff, and not just out using it for a gimmick. They even look a bit more real, and not as much of an act as The Darkness.

www.diamond-nights.com

Yeah, but c'mon Kid, there is not one original riff in the whole thing. ;)

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
Their entire production is pure 70's sound. So obviously up against The Darkness and their flashy 2000's production they will falter. I'm not saying these guys are the saviors or anything, but I kind of liked them. Granted, I have only listened to it the one time.  :P

Maybe they should release a "Gold Standard Re-Mastered Deluxe Limited Edition" re-release with that NEWFANGLED HIGH-FALUTIN' FLASHY 2000's production, then....

There's a REASON the 70's records sounded that way.....they were recorded IN THE 70'S!!!!!!!!!!!

:stick :chair :bang

:P :lol:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Damn you Sox fans, damn you all to hell!!!

:D

Kid if you want retro, check out The Blue Van-'the art of rolling'. Good stuff, The Animals kinda meets the Doors kinda meets the Partridge Family. They're from Denmark I think, the disc is very easy to find. I like it a lot and I usually hate retro.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Kid if you want retro, check out  The Blue Van-'the art of rolling'.  Good stuff, The Animals kinda meets the Doors kinda meets the Partridge Family. They're from Denmark I think, the disc is very easy to find.  I like it a lot and I usually hate retro.

I'll look into them. I hate the Doors though...with an intense passion I hate The Doors. I don't know if I like "retro", I just like all sorts of stuff.

Critic, I would LOVE to get some more of the 70's sounding productions. IMO much of the stuff today sounds TOO friggin' perfect, too polished. I prefer the analogue sounds, and nothing, but nothing beats a nice old tube amp sound recorded in the 70's.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
I'll look into them. I hate the Doors though...with an intense passion I hate The Doors. I don't know if I like "retro", I just like all sorts of stuff.

Critic, I would LOVE to get some more of the 70's sounding productions. IMO much of the stuff today sounds TOO friggin' perfect, too polished. I prefer the analogue sounds, and nothing, but nothing beats a nice old tube amp sound recorded in the 70's.

I don't like stuff that sounds too slick either, but I like to have the guitars up front and LOUD, and too much of the 70s stuff sounds muted to me. Maybe they wanted that stuff to sound that way, with vinyl and AM radio and all that, but by and large the guitars don't have the punch I need.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
You need to listen to more stuff on the actual records and not compressed on the radio.  :D  The 70's had TONS of upfront guitars.

That's it, I'm doing that Humble Pie disc for you now...

You obviously forget my advanced age.

I heard 90% of the stuff I'm referring to on vinyl.

Whippersnappers.....

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
You need to listen to more stuff on the actual records and not compressed on the radio.  :D  The 70's had TONS of upfront guitars.

That's it, I'm doing that Humble Pie disc for you now...

I thought you already gave me the Humble Pie disc???

......I still haven't listened to everything you sent...... :ph34r: :D

My listening habits are all over the place. My drive to work is 45 minutes, so I spend some of that time listening to music, or the whole time. During baseball season I tend to listen less depending on what is the topic on ESPN. If they are discussing anything but baseball, I won't listen to them. I have no interest in other sports, unless you consider martial arts a sport...which I don't.

Then at work I will listen to stuff if I am finding new stuff, or if I am bored with the OTR show that is on my OTR station I listen to. I don't like drama's, and when they go to those shows, I skip 'em.

My buddy Larry brings in about 10 new CD's a week, and if he finds something I might like, he passes it on to me. My boss also is always handing me stuff.

Then I trade. Many times I just grab whatever, or have people just send me stuff, whatever they feel like sending.

I'm always looking for something new. My theory also is that every single band on the face of the earth has written atleast ONE good song. I seriously have yet to find an exception to the rule.

I never listen to music at home here, unless I am on the computer (right now being an exception, as it is silent right now). Home is my place to watch movies or to play my own music. I have 9 guitars, to not play them when I want music would be a shame. I'm also a person who needs stuff to do. Movies are good in those ways as they take up two of the senses. I have to watch and listen. Reading also works. With music, I don't know what to do. If I have music going, I am usually pacing or something. I sometimes will play a CD if I am working on a model. But most the time I put on a movie while I do that, usually one related to the model I am building.

I have a million hobbies, BTW. :D

I also always listen to almost anything new. Anything my wife buys, no matter what it is, I will listen to it to see what it's like. That has included Britney Spears, Christina Aquilera, Gwen Stefani's solo junk, all of the Matchbox 20 stuff, and etc.