Does Jose start game 1?

chisoxfan79

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
Since he is the hottest pitcher going right now and it will be in line for his turn.

Sorry, I start Mark Buehrle... followed by Jose, and then Jon and Freddy on the road. I especially leave Freddy for the road, because he has dominated on the road all season.

Contreras - Garland - Garcia - Buehrle

I don't start Buehrle. It's the playoffs. He's been doing the worse out of the 4 so he gets put in the 4 spot. It's not about respect in the playoffs, it's about giving your team the best chance to win. Buehrle doesn't do that for the Sox. He gives up a lot of hits and that doesn't bold well in the AL playoffs considering all the teams will hurt you if you do that.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
Contreras - Garland - Garcia - Buehrle

I don't start Buehrle. It's the playoffs. He's been doing the worse out of the 4 so he gets put in the 4 spot. It's not about respect in the playoffs, it's about giving your team the best chance to win. Buehrle doesn't do that for the Sox. He gives up a lot of hits and that doesn't bold well in the AL playoffs considering all the teams will hurt you if you do that.

He is still our best pitcher and you got to believe he will shape up when playoffs start. That being said not only has he earned it but its setup perfect for Contreras to pitch game 1 already so he should get that.

Contreras-Buehrle-Garcia-Garland

Garcia and Garland are inter-changable really but with ozzie liking Freddy and him having more experiance than Jon thats probably the way it is.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
He is still our best pitcher and you got to believe he will shape up when playoffs start.  That being said not only has he earned it but its setup perfect for Contreras to pitch game 1 already so he should get that.

Contreras-Buehrle-Garcia-Garland

Garcia and Garland are inter-changable really but with ozzie liking Freddy and him having more experiance than Jon thats probably the way it is.

I don't think he'll turn it around. You can't assume that. He's had the whole 2nd half to turn it around and he's gone backwards. He's showed he sucks in high pressure situations and he gives up a lot of hits to good hitting ball clubs. In the playoffs, he'll equal Odalis Perez of last year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
I don't think he'll turn it around. You can't assume that. He's had the whole 2nd half to turn it around and he's gone backwards. He's showed he sucks in high pressure situations and he gives up a lot of hits to good hitting ball clubs. In the playoffs, he'll equal Odalis Perez of last year.

Well really it doesnt matter what you think because more likely than not Ozzie is going to put Buehrle as the number 2 pitcher and even if it was against a bad offense he did just pitch a complete game. And its not like Freddy or Jon have pitched good enough to earn the spots b4 him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)

Is that why he threw a CG 4 hitter against Minnesota in a high pressure situation?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Is that why he went 6-5, with 4.07 ERA during the stretch run?

In the AL, a 4.07 ERA isnt that bad. Only 22 pitchers in the AL have an ERA below 4.00 on the season..

Edited by Felix