THE BIGGEST THING ABOUT TONIGHT!

Steve9347

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Definitely not the biggest thing, steve.  However, it would definitely be huge if we can get him running again.

ONE of the biggest things tonight is the absence of Crede, and we still won the game handily. This game is for his new-born babygirl.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
Could just mean that you werent sure whether we would play the Angels, Yankees, or Red Sox (or whoever else makes the playoffs)

No, I meant it as "if" we make the playoffs and play the Angels. With my track record, I didn't think I had to state that particular line. :P

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
Scott Podsednik had 2 stolen bases. 

This may be all he needs to get his confidence back, and with Podsednik rolling and turning singles into doubles and triples with his stolen bases... we might be able to do some postseason damage.

Scott Podsednik.... yes.

I think he is either getting some confidence back, or he is healing up... maybe both. When he started bunting again, it made me feel really good about Pods well being. The two steals only seals the deal IMO.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 07:02 AM)
I think he is either getting some confidence back, or he is healing up... maybe both.  When he started bunting again, it made me feel really good about Pods well being.  The two steals only seals the deal IMO.

Hopefully he can get another 3-4 days of rest, plus the occasional pinch running spot, this weekend, and he can get back even closer to full strength.

He gets on base and starts moving in the playoffs, and watch out.