How many pitchers on the Postseason roster ?

spiderman

The following pitchers are on the playoff roster:

Mark Buerhle, Jon Garland, Freddy Garcia, and Jose Contreras.

Dustin Hermanson, Bobby Jenks, Neil Cotts, Cliff Politte, Luis Vizcaino.

The following pitchers should be on the playoff roster:

Brandon McCarthy, Damaso Marte

Pitchers On the Bubble:

El Duque Hernandez

The followign position players are on the playoff roster:

A.J Pierzynski, Chris Widger, Paul Konerko, Tadahito Iguchi, Juan Uribe, Joe Crede, Pablo Ozuna, Scott Podsednik, Aaron Roward, Jermaine Dye, Timo Perez, Carl Everett

The following position players are on the playoff roster bubble:

Willie Harris, Geoff Blum

- The way I see it there are 2 roster spots for 3 players (Hernandez, Harris, Blum). Agree or disagree ? Other thoughts ?

- Are Brian Anderson or Ross Gload eligible for the roster ? ? Any other considerations ?

- Anyone else I'm missing here ?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
I'm not 100% convinced Duque stays home. Playoff experience and all. I know BMac is a popular pick, I'm not sure I wouldn't take Duque and Bmac and leav Viz at home.

Viz has been very solid for most of the 2nd half and the Duke isn't a bullpen pitcher, I agree that ozz will probably find some way to have him on the roster but I sure hope not.

I hate to offer this because I really like the guy, but . . .

would you rather have in the 7th inning of a tight playoff game at Yankee Stadium Duque or BMac? The fast reply is BMac, but if experience means anything, maybe that isn't the best call.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)

would you rather have in the 7th inning of a tight playoff game at Yankee Stadium Duque or BMac? The fast reply is BMac, but if experience means anything, maybe that isn't the best call.

Bmac, seriously. He's so much better then el duque right now it's not even funny and I think Brandon's already proven that he can handle the pressure.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)

BMac. I'm of the school of thought that will take talent over experience any day.

I don't see how El Duque can come in from the Bullpen...I think his warmup routine is just way too long. BMac has proven this year he can come out of the bullpen. So he gets the nod. I definitely keep Harris on the team....his defense is better than Blums and he can pinch run. Two very important aspects of Playoff Baseball.

also, Perez hasn't played in a long time...so maybe he won't even make the playoff roster. Who knows.

From what I have been led to believe in various articles/columns on the net, that if Sunday is a "must win" game for the Sox, then El Duque would get the start over BMac. I don't agree with it, but that should give you an idea as to which one will end up on the post season roster.